Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What battery did tesla install in my MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had a hv battery failure on my 2013 P85+, and tesla service replaced the battery. The following part was listet: ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-E). Does this mean an E grade battery, and does REMAN mean remanufactured/refurbished? I am not sure what battery pack i had installed earlier because i just bought the car used. I did however not reach any higher charging speeds than 50-60kwh at supercharges, so it might have been an a grade battery (?)

Picking up the car tomorrow.

No p85+ had A battery.

You will not have more range or power than old battery did in its prime. An 85 is an 85.

your low supercharging rate could have had to do with either the cause of HV failure, or some restrictions Tesla recently put on charge rate of old batteries. It was not due to any native restriction on old pack. Nonetheless, new one should charge faster, and it sounds as if it is!

good luck.

The increased power, supercharging, and range comment was meant for the OP as compared to when he bought the used car and prior to taking to service center. If OP can comment: compared to prior to new battery, he'll definitely observe all the stated changes. Compared to new, it should be the same which is awesome for any car 6+ years later

I got an “F” revision at the end of 2019. Have only gone 6k miles since but seeing very slow supercharging times. Anyone else get this reman battery replacement? 1088815-01-F Also, does the battery warranty start fresh or is from original manufacture date of vehicle?