Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What BEVs are you cross-shopping against the Model Y?

What BEVs are you cross-shopping against the Model Y?

• Tesla Model X

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Tesla Model S

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Tesla Model 3

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Jaguar I-PACE

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Audi e-tron / e-tron Sportback

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Mercedes-Benz EQC

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • BMW iX3

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Rivian R1S

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Polestar 2

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Kia Niro EV / Hyundai Kona Electric / Kia Soul EV

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Chevrolet Bolt EV

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Nissan LEAF e-Plus

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless the Model Y is critically deficient in some way I'm not looking elsewhere. Not so much for fanboy reasons, but I think the Supercharger network is still a huge advantage if long distance travel is a consideration. I'll be getting free charging at work- so local commuting costs will be zero. But with us just moved to California last year, there's a lot fo the West Coast to see...

Reactions: KRG21 and FlyinLow
Model S P100D. If prices are similar in spring 2021 then I have no reason to get the Y. The S can hold kids and a dog just fine. I won’t be supercharging more than a few times a year so charging speed doesn’t mean much and I’m almost positive the S will look better. Lastly, who wouldn’t want the quickest accelerating sedan ever made?

lol rivian? You're missing the Tesla truck and roadster too, and every other mythical planned ev
I'm optimistic about Rivian but of course they've yet to sell anything.

I think what might be more interesting in late 2020 (when Model Y is supposedly to go into full production) will be entrants from GM and Ford. The Mach1, or whatever they call it, may be out then or shortly thereafter. GM has said they'd have 2 BEV CUVs in production in 2020. They've been pretty silent since introducing the Bolt in 2016 so I expect a Model Y competitor from GM to be announced soon, probably a Cadillac CUV.