TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What can be purchased at service center

Discussion in 'Model S' started by smilepak, Jun 24, 2015.

1. smilepak

smilepak Member

Curious if u are able to buy certain things such as the pano shade or extra charger at the service center without having to order it online?

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

I would say yes ... my local SC has a selection of items.

Like I tell the wife all the time, call and ask. :biggrin:

3. stevem

stevem Member

I bought my HPWC from my local service center. I called them and they said they keep a couple in stock. It was a weird process, went to the lady at service (no real parts counter), and she called a service tech to go in back and bring it to the service counter. And I paid there. Not really weird, but different from other dealerships I have been to... which I guess is their goal. :)

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I bought the rear sunshade at the local SC.

5. Lump

Lump Active Member

All-weather floor mats & liners unavailable at Van Nuys for at least the last 6 months.

6. tomp

tomp Member

They seem to have quite a variety of things. I've bought rear sunshade, weather mats, and roof rack. Saves shipping.

7. smilepak

smilepak Member

Good to know, I'm scheduled to pick up Tess on Tuesday and might pick up an item or two

8. polything

polything Member

i have bought apparel at SC. I have never seen any car products.
    I emailed about the touch up paint,

9. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

They have quite a few things. I had bought the cargo net and tire kit at the service center. The other day they had some CHAdeMO adaptors there that were available for sale.

10. Zarwin

Zarwin Member

Yeah, last time I was over at the Raleigh SC I grabbed a CHAdeMO adapter and coffee mug. Oddly enough, they had to use two different payment systems, one for the mug and one for the adapter. Since I used the same card and a small charge for the mug was immediately followed by a much larger charge through a different payment processor, it triggered a fraud flag at the credit card provider and they froze the card. I am rambling off topic, just thought that was interesting. If you for some reason run into that scenario, have them do the larger charge first and it will probably be fine.

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I bought the front and rear seat all weather floor mats + the frunk all weather floor mat at my local Service Center. What's even more impressive is that I have the older style frunk with the extra 2" compared to newer RWD vehicles and they had the frunk mat in stock at my local service center. So it never hurts to ask!

I am still debating getting the trunk mat. I always had trunk mats in all my other vehicles, but I use the footwell storage daily in my vehicle and I wonder if the trunk mat would make the footwell too difficult to get to.

12. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

Yea many accessories are available at the Service Centers.. but its very difficult to get actual car parts from them. :(

13. sorka

sorka Active Member

So what about parts like brake pads, TPMS sensors(which you can already buy on amazon), cabin air filters, etc?

14. tfinan

tfinan Member

I purchased TPMS at my local SC for about $50/each. I just walked in and they had them available.

15. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I would expect they stock all this because they need them routinely for annual service visits.

16. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

I've bought cabin air filters at my local SC.

17. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

#17 Cyclone, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Do even older cars have carbon cabin filters now when they get replaced? Or is the carbon a separate insert on newer cars? And where do we change the cabin filter on these. My last vehicle had me pop the glove box hinge and there was a slot behind it for the cabin filter. Something easy to do yourself.

Edit: Nvm. Found a video how-to in this thread.
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/31193-Cabin-Air-Filter-replacement

18. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

the older cars (classic) does get the newer carbon filters. I just bought 2 $8 each at my SC today. They feel much sturdier than their older model.