Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What can I do to have my AP2 system not hard brake and come to a complete stop randomly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car on has AP2 and enhanced autopilot option.. upon launch of autosteer the car brakes hard an comes to a complete stop.. maybe something wrong in my settings but I can't figure out how to make it obey the 3 car distance on the highway and sometimes when engaged the car literally brakes on the highway and try's to come to a complete stop.. has anyone had the same issues and resolved it ? My car is a 12/16 MX p100dl

It does this all the time or what is the case exactly? If always, that sounds like the sensors are obstructed or faulty, and 'seeing' something in front of you. When I saw this thread, I thought it was the usual 'radar sees overpass' sort of thing. I don't recall anyone talking about 'it never works' (except for snow/ice cases).

The following distance is adjustable by the left stalk end knob. But it shouldn't be stopping you dead all the time, if that's the case.

upload_2017-8-19_13-58-28.png

upload_2017-8-19_13-58-48.png

My car on has AP2 and enhanced autopilot option.. upon launch of autosteer the car brakes hard an comes to a complete stop.. maybe something wrong in my settings but I can't figure out how to make it obey the 3 car distance on the highway and sometimes when engaged the car literally brakes on the highway and try's to come to a complete stop.. has anyone had the same issues and resolved it ? My car is a 12/16 MX p100dl

Could these events coincide with you approaching bridges or other overpasses? There are plenty of AP2 stories of ghost braking in those scenarios, though your description is quite severe. I get mild ghost brakes all the time, but serious ones only a couple... (and even the serious ones were not fully aiming to stop the car, at least not until I was overriding them already)

Yeah, the description is so vague that it is hard to say what is happening.

Something metallic on the top part of the front bumper obstructing the radar?

A broken component?

Ghostbraking due to overpasses?

Hold the steering wheel nags getting ignored and stopping the car?

Reactions: boaterva