Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What can I do with a spare Tesla Gateway and no Powerwall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, I sold my Powerwall2, but still have the Gateway1 new in the box. Can this be used with other battery types, or use the Neurio unit standalone? I dont plan on buying Powerwalls for 9 more years when my buyback rate for my solar goes into the trash, as the grid here in Phoenix, AZ is pretty stable and I generate more power than I can use from my 26+kw solar array..

So I guess I have a glorified contactor in a metal box. Time to ebay it I guess.
The last Tesla Powerwall Gateway 1 sold on Ebay 2-4-21 for $299.
I just installed a system with a Gateway 1. The gateway 2 has a few better wiring options with the internal available panel but is not really that much better.
The only feature the gateway 1 lacks is a remote off option for the powerwalls. If someone is doing a whole house backup and does not need a remote powerwall off switch the gateway 1 is fine.

So, what does the neuro get you? I assume if one has the GW and PW's, this app gives everything one needs and no reason to have a Neurio?

I guess you dont believe what I told you the other 2 times you asked this same question in other threads? I am fairly sure that user doesnt have tesla powerwalls or a tesla gateway (either solar gateway or TEG) so would have done that to get monitoring you already have built into your tesla gateway.

For you, a neurio gets you nothing, as I have said a couple other times.

I guess you dont believe what I told you the other 2 times you asked this same question in other threads? I am fairly sure that user doesnt have tesla powerwalls or a tesla gateway (either solar gateway or TEG) so would have done that to get monitoring you already have built into your tesla gateway.

For you, a neurio gets you nothing, as I have said a couple other times.
But maybe a different person found a use neither you nor I know about. He has batteries, but no Tesla PW's I believe.

I think a spare Gateway 1 is most likely to have value as spare parts only. There are times that a Gateway computer or Neurio might fail, so if I was an independent Powerwall installer, I would probably buy it so that I wouldn't have to wait on Tesla for spares.