Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What capability does a current 2018 Model S have WITHOUT Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to confirm, there is no adaptive cruise control without EAP? Even a Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic come standard with adaptive cruise :(

I ordered my new 100D without AP2 as I seldom used AP anyway on previous Teslas.

I figured I’d at least receive as a base feature the cruise control with slow down/speed up...as that’s been a standard feature in many cars for a decade now.

What else is going to surprise me?

Pretty sure that's not right. To be honest I'm not even sure if they even have adaptive cruise control as an option, forget about standard.

Why it is false, just came back from SC in mississauga, I was told that autopilot is required for these features. When I asked it was not like that before the current update, tech told me that now tesla want everyone to pay for it.
This is totally unacceptable, as sales man talked me into removing autopilot and said that the emergency braking is standard for all models. Which was true until last update.
So Vic does it still works for you?

Yes it still works. Why in the world would any company, especially Tesla, take away a feature (a safety feature none the less) from the customer unannounced?

And no, whoever told you Teslas have lidar was misinformed.

So twice you have been misinformed.