Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car awards: Model 3 #1 but model Y #10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022-05-14_14-34-16.png

Everything including Skoda and Kia Soul beat model Y. Why such hatred towards model Y.

View attachment 807889
It's all in the foot. On a warm day, a chill drive uses ~200Wh/mi most of the time.
These posts in efficiency are nonsense.

Do a 300 mile round trip or share your lifetime. Along with which tires, psi and speeds.

My friend can’t get close to my lifetime efficiency in my S Refresh on 19” vs his Model Y on 19”. He has a lead foot and refuses to believe it.

If I could have a "jacked up" version of myself, I'd take it.

And that's exactly why I changed my order from an M3 to MY (I promise the missus had nothing to do with it!).
personally i find the £10k unjustifiable as it holds no extra features to impress, extra space yes
Here's the crux of the issue I guess. It's an SUV, a family car. Not a bone shaking sports car. My M3P crashes into potholes. Which I would expect. If, hevaen forbid, I wanted an SUV I would be looking for something more SUV-y

was comparing base models but the two specs you mentioned is justified.
You can legitimately compare the M3 base model to the MYLR if you like on the basis that they are both the cheapest available models but then you would have to acknowledge some extra feature differences between the two beyond space such as, number of motors, range, performance, premium audio, charging speed etc

I Would argue they are in the wrong ones too! The EV6 is the "sporty" version and the Ioniq the "practical". I refuse to call the EV6 an SUV, mainly because I'm probably just about to order one.
God forbid anyone calls my model y an suv. Fart noises in their general direction from the boom box is a given.

It’s a large hatchback! And it’s not fat, it’s big-boned!

It's an example. I didn't take the same route for the return journey, unfortunately. Previously, I had a Nissan Leaf and must have taken that route a lot of times and never even once saw that kind of usage figure.
I’ve always wondered if the original Leaf was super efficient since it had so little power and range… but no! 275wh/mi eek. Approaching 2012 Model S’ 300wh/mi. That’s crazy.

We bought my wife one of the first i3’s and there was limited real world reporting on it. They claimed 240wh/mi, but a popular i3 owner/blogger said he averaged about 220 over 1,500 miles, in comfort mode. I had dreams of trying to break the 200 barrier when it came in. We never did better than the advertised 240, but our average was above 270.

Who knows anymore. The 3P and Y dual motor can hit advertised wh/mi, but you’ve got to keep your efficiency goal in mind or else you’ll exceed by 10-15% in normal driving. I’m okay with that. Mpg ratings are the same.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I know this is all very subjective but the Kia EV6 in my opinion is one of the most hideous EVs I’ve seen
We saw an orange or yellow one at dusk and in all sincerity I said “whoa!” And pointed. It’s an affordable car and maybe won’t age we’ll design-wise, but of the cars built on that platform it’s the most radical, love it or hate it.
The fast dual motor version might be more ferocious than its competitor, though.

We saw an orange or yellow one at dusk and in all sincerity I said “whoa!” And pointed. It’s an affordable car and maybe won’t age we’ll design-wise, but of the cars built on that platform it’s the most radical, love it or hate it.
The fast dual motor version might be more ferocious than its competitor, though.
Prefer the ioniq 5

God forbid anyone calls my model y an suv. Fart noises in their general direction from the boom box is a given.

It’s a large hatchback! And it’s not fat, it’s big-boned!
Best description yet! But it is a fast large hatchback. Larger outside, larger boot, larger interior, better seating position for both driver and passengers, larger frunk, larger panoramic roof. Best build yet from Tesla. I had a M3P and 2 3LRs before my model Y. It is easily the best of the 4 EVs.

Reactions: cusetownusa