Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car did you swap for a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it would be interesting to see what other Model 3 owners traded in or sold to make the switch to a Model 3 and how they feel about the change.

I’ll start with my own swap. I traded in a 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat pack for a white SR+ (no extra options) about a week ago.

The two cars are nearly polar opposites, I absolutely loved the sound of the V8 (especially remote starting it with the engine cold while walking to it after work). I lost about 1 second 0-60, ventilated seats, in-mirror BLIS, and the classic muscle car look. I gained a smooth ride, better handling, gas savings, cash back on trade, lower monthly payments, ease getting my kid in and out of the car seat, a technologically advanced car with capabilities that are not yet fully recognized (hopefully).

What about you?
I swapped a Model 3 RWD for the Model 3 Performance.....that probably doesn't answer your question tho'. I have two smart electrics, latest is the cabriolet, so have been driving electric in addition to ice of course with its limited range for almost 6 years. I installed a Level 2 charging station in when we got the first electric smart knowing it would also suffice for a Tesla when/if they became "affordable". The smart is brilliant for getting to/from grocery etc. but not commuting, so it's really only a second or third car option. For us it was a third and saved $$$ and miles on driving our other two cars. My wife drives an AWD Acura RDX and I drive/drove an Audi A6. The Acura remains in the family for several reasons, but I finally decided after buying the first M3, that an AWD M3 "might" replace my fisrt mid-life crisis car, the A6. After driving the Performance M3, I decided to reluctantly sell it. Really loved the driving experience of the A6, but who "needs" 4 cars with only two drivers? So, the answer is, an Audi A6. Like you I loved the bi-tubo sound, and NOTHING drives like an Audi (IMHO), but as much as I loved driving it, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the performance AWD M3 more.

Range Rover Evoque '14
10 liter diesel/100km and only 150 HP, got rid of it today. Tesla ftw

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 14.57.53(4).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 14.57.53(4).jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 40
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 14.57.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 14.57.49.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 24