Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car/s did you come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cadillac CTS solid American entry into sports sedan

Wanted American technology and manufactured Tesla did that with better performance than any previous car
BMW 3 Wagon great car
Lincoln LS great bargain quirky but fun car jaguar underneath the label. Still do appreciate the sound of a V8.

Infinity G20 practical plain fun
Ford Taurus work only
Chevrolet Suburban .. held half the soccer team
Subaru wagon ... totally reliable and fun
Ford Taurus Wagon ... another work car, this wa san OK car at the time
Oldsmobile Delta 88 Classic Sled good for the long hall
Buick Skyhawk all the money I had could buy
AMC Hornet ... no maintenance that could not be done by me

2010 Lexus HS250h, drove it for 100k+ miles and averaged 40 mpg. My Model S wont end up saving me money through ditching gas but it's worth it to have much better acceleration/performance. Also looking forward to having a usable trunk again.

I came from a Mercedes CLS 550, which I loved. It had tons of power and was very sporty. I can happily say I will never go back to an ICE and I am sold on Tesla. The original S was actually built on the CLS frame and the steering wheel, control stalk and several controls are still made by Mercedes, which makes it a very easy transition from a CLS to a MS.

I came from a Mercedes CLS 550, which I loved. It had tons of power and was very sporty. I can happily say I will never go back to an ICE and I am sold on Tesla. The original S was actually built on the CLS frame and the steering wheel, control stalk and several controls are still made by Mercedes, which makes it a very easy transition from a CLS to a MS.

Say what? Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you but the original model S was not built on a CLS frame. Ignore this post if you are referring to something else.

The original S was actually built on the CLS frame and the steering wheel, control stalk and several controls are still made by Mercedes, which makes it a very easy transition from a CLS to a MS.

If by frame you mean chassis that is and has always been a Tesla original design.

Mercedes sold their steering wheel,control stock, and switch gear division to German supplier Thyssen-Krupp. So Tesla now buys those items plus steering wheel column/shaft from Thyssen-Krupp not Mercedes/Daimler.

• Informative
Reactions: Austin Powers
2013 honda fit ev - still have
20673239722_571493f5d3_b.jpg

2013 fiat 500e - gone in november
22546366830_dd08eec6bb_c.jpg

2011 mazda miata - smacked into a wall...
21170255622_8e97d38f17_b.jpg

nsu prinz shell - in the process of EV conversion.
15633830279_5d00ed2e76_b.jpg

coming from 2 compliance EVs, the jump to model S was not as jaw-dropping as it would have been from an ICE. its just a larger car so it drives more comfortably.

...oh, and its like 300x quicker.

My previous cars (I replaced 2 cars with my Tesla) were a 2014 Porsche cayman and a 2013 Chevy Volt ("gateway" EV). The Porsche was for weekends, and the Volt was my commuter car. I rarely drove the Porsche, particularly with 3 young kids. My wife has a big family Van that handles my kids and thier million activities.

Very happy with my Tesla and will definitely buy another.