Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car shipping company do you guys trust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most car shipping companies are merely brokers who farm your car out to whatever independent trucker happens to be going your way. So past positive reviews for ABC “Trucking” mean nothing if A Bad Trucker is the low bidder for your job — you won’t know nor have any control over to whom the broker consigns your car.

Good luck with your move!

Reliable Carriers (bright orange trucks) is a corporate shipping company that ships enclosed carrier and not a broker . I shipped my vintage corvette with them cross country. They are the preferred shipper for the barret-jackson auto auction and are first class!

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
I used to ship cars until I had a horrible experience a couple of decades ago. Now, I personally transport vehicles.

Too bad you didn't need this a couple of weeks ago as we just had to fly to San Francisco and drive our new (to us) Model S back. Could have driven yours out for you and saved on the airfare.

Check if a local high end car shop will post to central dispatch. I found a local high end car dealer that sells and sources most of their inventory online. They posted my shipment on their central dispatch terminal for $50 cash. Goes direct to the private trucking companies and bypasses their brokers that typically add $400+ to the central dispatch price.

Montway is nice, but if you establish a relationship with a broker you can find it 10-20% cheaper going direct.

I've used Turntime Transport nearly a dozen times now, all good experiences - TurnTime Transport

The thing I like about Montway is that they don't require phone number to avoid the reps blowing you up. I agree if you have a network of brokers and contacts on load boards you can find cheaper. Most here won't have access to all that.

I hired a cross country vehicle move and all went well, but definitely and thoroughly inspect using. Second person the entire vehicle:
Under
Over
Inside

After my delivery, months later, I noticed a quarter sized dent on the roof left by the mover
Too late to claim

The thing I like about Montway is that they don't require phone number to avoid the reps blowing you up. I agree if you have a network of brokers and contacts on load boards you can find cheaper. Most here won't have access to all that.

I use Montway as a baseline if I'm looking at a car and don't want to connect with Mike at Turntime for a quote, but I'll Turntime to manage the shipping and save the 10-20% on whatever Montway had quoted me...the best of both!

Check if a local high end car shop will post to central dispatch. I found a local high end car dealer that sells and sources most of their inventory online Flytte bedrift. They posted my shipment on their central dispatch terminal for $50 cash. Goes direct to the private trucking companies and bypasses their brokers that typically add $400+ to the central dispatch price.
So after trying to use Stopwatch and not having great communication, I contacted Rite Way Auto Transport. I spoke to Jason. A stand-up guy. Within half a day had a transport set up to Pick up and Friday and deliver on Monday. He could have done sooner but I'm out of town. Now I have not received my truck so I'll post a follow-up on the condition of arrival but the customer service has been outstanding.