Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car wax do you use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use Collinite Insulator Wax on all of my cars and my plane. This stuff was developed for electrical components to weather outdoor use, and came to me through my pilot group from one of the pilot-owners who also manages a yacht. They use this heavily in the marine industry on the hulls of the boats to decrease resistance. This stuff is by far the best stuff I've ever used on a car... and I've tried it all.

So little goes a long way. I'm about half-way through a bottle, and I've done the plane twice, and about 8 car waxes with it.

+1 I remember helping my uncle buff the race boats with this when I was a wee lad. Forgot all about it, now I want to try it on my car!!!

It isn't wax, but I have been using Blackfire Wet Diamond for years. I love it - goes on easy and lasts longer than a wax. It doesn't have the same depth as a wax but it has a nice gloss. I've topped the BWD with wax before!

+1 for BFWD. Right now I have the following waxes/sealants in my possession:

- Wolfgang Fuzion
- Pinnacle Souveran
- Jet Seal
- Optiminum Opti-Seal
- NXT 2.0
- Meguairs Gold Class
- BFWD

Each product has its own positives and negatives but nothing is as consistently good, easy to apply, long lasting, good look, fair price as BFWD (IMO). Opti-seal is easier to use but doesn't last as long and doesn't feel as smooth.

Fuzion is a real beauty wax but doesn't last.

Right now my car is wearing Jet Seal topped with Opti-Seal. It's great, but I still prefer BFWD.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I use Soft99 Fusso and Collinite 845. I put Fusso on in the autum, it lasts longer and it's more resistent to the chemicals i use during winter wash (here in Norway they use a lot of salt to de-ice the roads). In spring i put on 845, a bit more shine, easier to apply and lasts all summer.

Both waxes are extremely good value for money - and you use very little of both during application.

As said before in this thread, the work you put into the polishing is essential for a good look and long lasting wax. Also use the appropriate washing technique and products for keeping your wax on the car longer (ex two buckets, grit guards, whool/microfiber washmit, ph neutral soap etc.).

I use ONR to was my MS 90D but I ditched the 2 bucket system after watching several YouTube videos. Now I just pour a gallon of distilled water & 1/2 oz of ONR into a bucket and soak at least ten 16 x 16 creature edge less microfiber towels.
Discarding each into an empty bucket after washing the drying a small section. I always start with the glass first. I do the hood and and front end last. Then I go back with cheaper microfiber towels and do the wheels without cross contaminating. I am able to dry the entire cat with one house microfiber towel.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Applied Malco NanoCare Spray Wax to my car this morning. Was super easy.
Malco Spray Wax (1 Gallon) Amazon.com: Malco Spray Wax (1 Gallon): Automotive
Very pleased with results.
Took less than an hour. Only applied to exterior paint, chrome & plastic. No glass. Very shiny, reflective & smooth. I used it undiluted per instructions . So effortless, I'd have no problem applying once a month. No idea how it wil last. I'll post results after first wash with ONR.
and ongoing endurance.

IMG_6700.JPG
IMG_6695.JPG
IMG_6677.JPG
IMG_6679.JPG
IMG_6699.JPG
IMG_6683.JPG

If you can't get a ceramic coating (personal favorite and currently on my 75 is Gtechinq EXO v3 and CSL) then definitely go with the collinite 845. 1 bottle will last years and 1 application will last months.

Use to be a huge fan of zaino, Z-1 back in the old days, now Z-AIO, Z5, Z5,Z5,Z2,Z2,Z2,Z2,Z2,Z2,Z2,Z-CS now as I am getting older (maybe wiser...) I've recently switched to the ceramics (currently with Gtechniq CSL and EXO as well) and will not go back.
*Probably usually a few more Z5, Z2 in there for each vehicle btw ;-) Still use their wheel shine though and miss the fruity smells but the time savings is huge.

I use Klasse. Easy on, easy off and leaves a great shine. I use the All-in-one first, followed by the sealer. Been using this on my cars for years. Our 10 year old Honda Pilot's paint still looked like new when we sold it. Honda dealer even commented on the paint quality after 10 years. I use Klasse twice a year, once before Spring and once before Winter.

Reactions: Atlantan
I use Soft 99 Fusso Coat. Very very durable and I love it. Be sure to apply thin, good tip.

Based on a lot of you here I purchased Soft99 Fusso Coat from a detailing shop in Calgary. It took about 4 days to get to me and the total cost with tax and shipping was $45, a bargain as far as I am concerned.

Here was my process and some of my thoughts about it...

1. I prepped my car almost like I was about to use Zaino. I washed with Dawn to strip off any residual product.

2. I spot clayed the car but it was largely free of any surface contaminants.

3. I polished the car with D300 and my DA polisher.

4. Wiped the entire car down with an ISO spray slightly diluted.

5. Washed the car again with Meguairs Gold Class.

6. Applied Soft99 Fusso Coat Light with the provided yellow applicator

Impressions:

As many have said, you MUST put this on thin. I didn’t in a few spots and it was a bear to remove. This was user error not a problem with the product but compared to a product like Blackfire Wet Diamond it is much LESS forgiving.

In those spots where I put it on thin it came off pretty easy but nowhere near the easiest waxes/sealants I’ve used.

What I didn’t expect was the look and feel of the product. IMO -it looked and felt as good as any product I’ve ever used. Dare I say, my S looked better than it has ever looked. I was amazed but here is the kicker...I have never seen a product repel water the way this stuff does.

It is in a different playing field than anything I’ve ever used. The application and removal reminds me a lot of 476 but the look feel and hydrophobic properties are amazing.

I can’t speak to the durability yet because it has only been a week but I wanted to give a big thumbs up to the product and those of you have recommended it here.

I’ve tried many of the ones posted in the reply and in the end, I settled on:

Optimum (NRWW2012Q) No Rinse Wash & Wax - 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GG9FB8U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fzL1zb4YHAXP2

This is a total game changer. I basically put in 1 gallon of distilled or RO water and 2 capfuls of this stuff, wipe down with microfiber mitt and then wipe down with large microfiber cloth and I’m done! With this pure water, there are really no water spots. The car looks amazing and I’ve said goodbye to the foam cannon and power washer! It also takes half the time and is done in the garage. Hard to beat that!!

I am curious if these great new coatings stand up when the vehicle is parked outdoors full time. Our model S sits outside and even an expensive pro applied coating broke down quickly and lost that water beading property, in my experience. I have concluded that Zaino applied more often is a better solution for a car parked outdoors. For those who park indoors probably any modern coating will look superior and deserve praise.

I’ve tried many of the ones posted in the reply and in the end, I settled on:

Optimum (NRWW2012Q) No Rinse Wash & Wax - 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GG9FB8U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fzL1zb4YHAXP2

This is a total game changer. I basically put in 1 gallon of distilled or RO water and 2 capfuls of this stuff, wipe down with microfiber mitt and then wipe down with large microfiber cloth and I’m done! With this pure water, there are really no water spots. The car looks amazing and I’ve said goodbye to the foam cannon and power washer! It also takes half the time and is done in the garage. Hard to beat that!!

Agreed, except I Have been using:
Optimum (NR2010Q) No Rinse Wash & Shine - 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8DR0AO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_deN1zbE43AFXP

Tesla owners manual cautions against hydrophobic coatings on front windshield.

I just applied for the third time:
Malco NanoCare Spray Wax (1 Gallon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PEWNQOG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OjN1zb6NXEQ99

See my previous post.

I can clean the tesla with ONR and Wax with Malco NanoCare Spray Wax in just over an hour.
Looks & feels amazing. As easy as ONR.

I park my car in my garage, however, it sits outside at my golf club ~5hrs/day while I’m playing the car gets coated with an atomized sticky Amber Sap. Highly visible at dusk.
Similar to the attached image I found on Google.
Most of the solutions I found online involved harsh solvents that remove wax & sealants in the process.

2AFB4B0F-5C3F-47A7-A5C9-C00CCB05F97F.jpeg

It wipes right off with ONR.
I’m sure that the Spray wax facilitates easy removal.
Someone here said something like the best wax is the one you actually use. Malco NanoCare Spray Wax is so easy to apply, I could do it monthly if necessary.