Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car wax do you use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What car wax do you guys use after washing your MS? Any recommendations? I've been using Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 (liquid) but it doesn't seem to last long or give that nice sheen to the car. FYI, I just apply and wipe off - don't use a buffer. Thanks!

Shine largely comes from a good polish before a wax. if you have a polishing machine but don't want to cut the clear coat back, use a polish like autoglym super resin polish or poorboys black hole. Then finish with a wax or sealant.

But if you want a long term solution, get the car machine polished then use a ceramic coating like gtechniq exo which will make cleaning a breeze and no need to top up for a year or more

My detailer applies Nano Ceramic once a year then Optimum No Rinse with Wax when I wash keeps her looking sweet.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    659.7 KB · Views: 497
I use Collinite Insulator Wax on all of my cars and my plane. This stuff was developed for electrical components to weather outdoor use, and came to me through my pilot group from one of the pilot-owners who also manages a yacht. They use this heavily in the marine industry on the hulls of the boats to decrease resistance. This stuff is by far the best stuff I've ever used on a car... and I've tried it all.

So little goes a long way. I'm about half-way through a bottle, and I've done the plane twice, and about 8 car waxes with it.

Reactions: Alf415
What car wax do you guys use after washing your MS? Any recommendations? I've been using Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 (liquid) but it doesn't seem to last long or give that nice sheen to the car. FYI, I just apply and wipe off - don't use a buffer. Thanks!

I took delivery on my MS 90D in Late June. Had a detailer apply Carnauba Wax immediately. A golfing buddy of mine said he use a product his brother who is a professional detailer gets him. He said his brother said it was the best product he has ever seen. I just ordered it on Amazon and am going to give it a try. It' s called Malco NanoCare Spray Wax Has anybody used the stuff?

YouTube ->

Description on Amazon:
  • Nano Care Spray Wax is VOC Compliant
  • Malco's SPRAY WAX provides exceptional shine and protection on painted surfaces
  • Excellent for dressing and protecting vinyl, leather and plastic surfaces
  • Spray wax is a revolutionary new wax technology that provides easy application, better surface penetration, high gloss shine and long lasting finish
Nano Care Spray Wax is a conveniently applied protective wax that delivers a durable, high gloss shine to any surface. Infused with carnauba wax and a unique blend of silicones, Spray Wax will not white out on plastics, making it perfect for smooth and textured bumpers, mirror casings, moldings, interior vinyl and dashes in addition to conventional wax applications. Part No. 128001

I posed the following question on Amazon & received 2 responses :

Question: I had a thick coat of carnauba wax professionally applied to my brand new red tesla. can i use this product over the wax or should i remove it 1st?

Answer 1: Yes, you can absolutely use this over an waxed vehicle. This one gallon can make five gallon of product. I highly recommend mixing in a 32oz bottle 50/50. Once you use this product, you will never want to use anything else

Answer 2: You can definitely put it on top of the other wax. the only reason you should remove the other wax is if it didn't have a nice finish or you didn't like the gloss level of it

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Nothing but a spritz of opti-coat instant stalker & gloss enhancer after a stop at the touchless laser car wash. Looks better than when I left the Service Center at pickup. Same process with our 85D with 53k miles when sold. Easy and beautiful. PPF and CeremicPro helps tho Lol

Zaino Bros. Show Car Polish. Z2 or Z5.

The local Corvette Club used to have weekly detail clinics on Saturday mornings at a members house. Couple dozen members and usually 2-3 professional detailers would show up. Two things they recommended were Z2, or Z5 if finish had swirl marks. And a PorterCable 5 inch buffer. Only buffer with which you could really control the rpms