Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What category of car did your Tesla replace?

What type of car did your Tesla replace?

• Sports or Luxury

Votes: 120 43.8%
  • Efficient Hybrid (>40mpg)

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Other Hybrid (<40mpg)

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Truck/SUV

Votes: 36 13.1%
  • Plugin Vehicle (BEV or PHEV)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • None, did not sell/trade another vehicle.

Votes: 28 10.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll replace my 09 Aston Martin Vantage Roadster. TONS of fun and attention, but man that car can be expensive. Time to release it to another owner before the clutch goes. And the thought of driving past gas stations chuckling is just too much to pass up.

Replaced our first luxury car, a 2007 Infiniti M35 purchased at 1.5 years old for a little more than ½ price of a new one. We really liked that car. In fact at one point it was parked in front of a black signature Model S and we had a chance to compare looks... and although I felt like the Anti-Christ for feeling this way I thought the Infiniti looked "better". But eventually when the stars aligned and we came up with enough "justifications", it was gone. At 15L/100km (15mi/US gal) and PREMIUM fuel, it did guzzle. And they've changed the looks now and I don't like the new ones at all (of course, there are two reasons for that... the looks, and the S).

Replaced a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro with 80000 miles on it. Was a very comfortable and solid performing car, but maintenance and fuel economy were eating me alive! Until the release of Model S I was going to get an A7 Diesel as my next car.

I just picked up my car yesterday from the factory. Didn't replace anything; just another car in the garage. I started looking at EVs for commuting solo or with less than the required occupants in the HOV lane. Test drove a Leaf and a 500e, but sadly their range would limit me to simply going to work and back home. No side trips without charging up in the middle of the day first. Their limited range led me to the Model S, and I haven't looked back. :)

replaced my 2012 Leaf. Sold it to a friend and wife.

P1040487.JPG