Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What caused my SE7600 to shut off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If mine failed, having SE send it to me directly would be ideal. I wonder what Tesla would do if I installed it myself and didn't wait for their tech? Do you think the RMA unit will come pre-provisioned?
i personally would not be that confident configuring it .. but if you did DIY it i"ll bet you could convince tesla that they had done it .. they are that disorganized office wise 😄

If you installed, I guess you not longer have warranty.

I watched as my installer put my replacement one in. One just then has to go through the steps to configure it! no short cuts there.

That's not necessarily true at all. If I buy and install my own SE inverter it most certainly still has a warranty from them. The question is what would Tesla do? Could they just wash their hands of it? SE can't. They're still on the hook for the product as long as it was installed correctly.

That's not necessarily true at all. If I buy and install my own SE inverter it most certainly still has a warranty from them. The question is what would Tesla do? Could they just wash their hands of it? SE can't. They're still on the hook for the product as long as it was installed correctly.
Good luck. I sure am not going to take those chances. I was told if one puts a sticker on a tesla box the warranty is voided.

I figured but wasn't sure if I needed installer access to install an inverter that has been tied to an account already that I don't have installer access to.
Yep, one needs installer access. A new inverter is not tied to any account. This has to be dealt with afterwards, which since most of us do not have design accounts with SE, very tough. I still need to fix this issue for my setup.