Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What caused this to my paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought, any chance it could be the PPF itself?

Who made the PPF? You should contact them and pose this concern to them. It is possible that something is bleeding out of the material which is incompatible with Tesla paint. Doubtful but worth a call.

And I can see why Tesla said it is not their fault when someone 'modifies' a cars component. I would expect GM, Ford, etc to also say the same...

Easy way to solve this mystery. Return to PPF applicator / shop and have them remove that area with a steam gun and my suspicions of it being an area of transition (corner) from side to rear has a great possibility of too much slack in the film when it was applied in that zone resulting in droopy film, kind of like the t.v. commercial of saggy pantyhose many years ago. I shot polyurethane paint on Coast Guard aircraft for 20 years and NEVER had a paint failure of this sort. The fact that you mentioned that it showed up after you had it awhile and the temps are increasing now tells me it's a perfect storm for saggy film. If that's the case it's a easy fix. Looking at the vertically oriented slack lines is a tell tell. Keep us informed.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker