Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charge level can I expect on pickup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this thread is still active, but what have the most recent collections in the UK delivery charge been like? I have a long drive after collection, so a good full battery would go a long way... but I just spoke to a tesla chat and she said that it can vary. Picking up from Brent Cross if anyone has any specific experience picking up from there, I'd be pleased to hear it! :)

No recent experience but I think the quieter the time the higher the charge rate. I collected in Birmingham on a day with one other collection. As a result mine, and the other were fully charged. If you collect at the end of the quarter when they are doing dozens a day they just don't have the time / capacity to fully charge them all so at that point its pot luck really.

Reactions: corbett666
Mine was delivered with about 65% charge and 7 miles on the odometer. It was collected from Tesla Leeds and loaded onto a trailer, but I don't know if it was charged there before delivery. If you're picking up from a site that has Superchargers, can't you drop it on there for a short while if you need more charge for the first journey? Looking on Google, there are Superchargers at Brent Cross.

I'm not sure this thread is still active, but what have the most recent collections in the UK delivery charge been like? I have a long drive after collection, so a good full battery would go a long way... but I just spoke to a tesla chat and she said that it can vary. Picking up from Brent Cross if anyone has any specific experience picking up from there, I'd be pleased to hear it! :)
It varies by car and luck - you’ll have at least enough to make it to the nearest supercharger on your route they won’t provide you an empty car 😂

You can always try asking if they can top the car off before delivery. We once flew to pick up one of our Teslas in a different city and told them we had a 600 mile drive home. They charged the car to 100% shortly before we arrived to pick it up, allowing us to skip a Supercharger along the first stretch of our drive home. Even if they can't charge it to 100%, they could possibly charge it enough to get you to the next Supercharger on your drive home. It doesn't hurt to ask!

• Love
Not all collection locations have superchargers so filling cars up, especially when they have a lot to deliver, isn't an easy logistical exercise.

But Brent cross seem to have a couple so asusming you can get on one, you should be able to get what you need, and given you're liekly to want to check a few things before you depart, pair your phone, set your home destination, etc you could easily lose 30 mins doing things like that while its charging.

When I picked mine up from Dartford in December 2020 it only had 20% so had to go to a local supercharger before heading home, not an ideal first EV experience in my opinion driving in the cold and rain watching the percentage drop like a stone as I preheated for supercharging!

The sales manager (or whatever his official term was) that contacted me prior to the big day was extxremely helpful and immediately logged into the car and checked how much charge it had for me about 5 days before collection.

So, thats an option.

Or as others have said, ask the salesman to delay marking the handover off on their computer so that you get free super charging and go and plug in at the nearest charger and give yourself that time to have a good look at the car, inside and out and get all the settings how you want.

That way you will have a much more enjoyable drive home imo.

• Love
The sales manager (or whatever his official term was) that contacted me prior to the big day was extxremely helpful and immediately logged into the car and checked how much charge it had for me about 5 days before collection.

So, thats an option.

Or as others have said, ask the salesman to delay marking the handover off on their computer so that you get free super charging and go and plug in at the nearest charger and give yourself that time to have a good look at the car, inside and out and get all the settings how you want.

That way you will have a much more enjoyable drive home imo.
I guess having a supercharger on site will help me out, but I’ve been playing with a better route planner and found I’ve got many options on route depending on what they decide to give me. Just be nice to start with a boost! :)

As per one of the posters above, when my delivery date was confirmed I told them I had a long drive home and they charged it quite high. It didn’t actually matter since I stopped off at a supercharger to check it worked (it did) but I knew I could get home if there was some screw-up with the account’s settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.