Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charge level can I expect on pickup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was delivered in September last year to my workplace with sub 10% SoC. Wasn't massively impressed with that! Had to plug in the granny charger for the day just to get me home (was still awaiting the work charger to be installed at the time).

Good People - I thought I’d give this thread a little nudge.

I’m collecting on 27th from Brent Cross. We all know how busy September is proving to be for pickups and this could cause issues with the time the centers have to charge cars. Really interested to know what sort of charge levels cars are at when folks collect them……

I don't think you can expect any particularly high state of charge on collection day as there's no fixed SOC they are obliged to meet however they are more likely to put more charge in for you if you specifically request it for a long journey home.
Some have had low SOC many have had mid to high SOC - its a bit of a lottery.
It pays to ask ahead.

Reactions: Wol747 and MrBadger
tl;dr It can be anything other than 0% and will be at least sufficient to get you to public charging, often much more - if you need a particular minimum charge, let Tesla know in advance to see if they can accommodate. But you don't get the equivalent of a 'free tank of petrol' with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.