Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charger comes with the Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you get the nem 14-50 adaptor, how long is it including the gen 2 cable?

also can you control when this cable charges your car? I.e. if I plug in at 6pm, but don’t want to charge until electricity rate is cheaper at night?

Any Tesla can be set to a scheduled start time when charging from any AC source using the center screen.

There’s a departure time mode now as well, but that has been buggy in the past, including charging past the set maximum when you don’t leave sometimes. I don’t know if it has been fixed yet because I stopped using it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
5403410-24.jpg
The cable is 20 ft long. The standard Tesla 14-50 adapter adds about 9.5" inches once plugged in. Interestingly, it has the ground pin at the top, so it would plug in upside down in a typical surface mount 14-50 outlet orientation.
14-50R is usually installed with ground pin up.

I realize this is an old thread so I am asking again. Does the Model Y still come with a J1772 adapter? I just installed a Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger. I ask because I want to be able to charge both my (yet to be delivered) Model Y and my daughter's Nissan Leaf off the Wallbox pulsar. My EDD is October-November and I don't want to be caught without it after the car arrives. Thanks in advance.

I realize this is an old thread so I am asking again. Does the Model Y still come with a J1772 adapter? I just installed a Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger. I ask because I want to be able to charge both my (yet to be delivered) Model Y and my daughter's Nissan Leaf off the Wallbox pulsar. My EDD is October-November and I don't want to be caught without it after the car arrives. Thanks in advance.
Yes, every new Tesla vehicle comes with a Tesla SAE J1772 adapter. If you want to have a spare/second J1772 adapter these are available for $95 on the Tesla store web site. You can also purchase a 3rd-party J1772 adapter for slightly less than the Tesla price.

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

Gonna be the first, the CHARGER is built into the car, the box you are referring to is called the EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment). It’s essentially a BIG safety device that determines when it’s safe to release the electricity to the car.