Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charging adapters are coming with the cars now?

MrFusion

Feb 4, 2018
Salt Lake City
I know the 5-15 adapter for regular outlets comes with the car, but has anybody taken delivery recently and also received either the 14-50 or the J1772 adapter? From what I can tell it looks like the 14-50 is no longer included but the J1772 should be. I'd like to go ahead and order the 14-50 before the car arrives if it doesn't come with it anymore but wanted to see if anybody has received it recently.

Glenn90

Aug 15, 2019
Marietta, GA
I picked up my Model 3 today. Here is a picture of the Charging Kit that came with the car.

IMG_3697.jpg

There are 3 items -
  • A Mobile Connector, which I think is 20 feet long.
  • A NEMA 5-15 household (3-prong) adapter for the Mobile Connector.
  • An SAE J1772 public charging station adapter for the car's charging port.
There was no NEMA 14-50 adapter included.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh

JakeJS

Sep 4, 2019
Did the dealership offer a purchase on the NEMA 14-50 adapter? If so, how much? Seems stupid it's removed now especially since that is the suggested charging method.

thodgdon66

Aug 14, 2019
AZ
Did the dealership offer a purchase on the NEMA 14-50 adapter? If so, how much? Seems stupid it's removed now especially since that is the suggested charging method.

I took delivery on August 9 and the picture above is exactly what came with my car too.

1.21GW

Jul 23, 2018
Michigan
I have never opened the zipper on my mobile connector bag, I have no idea what is in it. Could be lumps of coal for all I know. It is just a trunk ornament.

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC