TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What charging adapters would be good to have?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Lsutiger, Sep 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lsutiger

Lsutiger Member

Since Tesla has already starting selling the Model 3 charging adapters I was thinking about going ahead and purchasing some of the more commonly used ones. I plan on using a NEMA 14-50 outlet to charge at home and I know the car comes with that one as well as a 5-15. What others would be good to have on hand when traveling? What is a typical dryer plug (I know that would be nice to have when traveling to friend’s that don’t have and EV plug.

Thanks.

2. JasJ

JasJ Member

If you like to AirBnB or similar for vacations, I'd recommend old (10-30) and new (14-30) style dryer plug adapters with some type of extension as dryers are often one room removed from the garage.

NEMA 5-20 is often found in garages as well. The charging bump from 5-15 to 5-20 is noticeable overnight.

The reality is that in most daily use, home charging and superchargers cover 95-99% of the need.

3. Bad Horse

Bad Horse Member

Well, I got an S/X 10-30 a while ago just in case, now I need to get this 10-30.