Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charging cables come with the UK RHD Tesla ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cables_20200202.png
Thanks.

I wouldn't bet on it. I reported mine missing when my car turned up on 27/03, and haven't heard a sniff since. My car is going in for some minor rectification work on 01/05 so I'm hoping they will be available by then.

Before delivery Tesla said my car would not come with a type 2 as they were out of stock but would be shipped later. Anyway it turned up with a 7.5m blue cable, however it doesn’t seem to have a button on it to open the charge port? should It have, the booklet that came with it has a picture showing a button

Before delivery Tesla said my car would not come with a type 2 as they were out of stock but would be shipped later. Anyway it turned up with a 7.5m blue cable, however it doesn’t seem to have a button on it to open the charge port? should It have, the booklet that came with it has a picture showing a button
No, the portable cable doesn’t have that functionality. Only the Tesla wall charger does. I couldn’t tell you why the booklet that came with it shows that though.

Prior to picking up my 3 I had a type 2 charging cable for out and about use.

I believe the cable delivered with my new car is a 3 phase type 2.

My original cable is not 3 phase.

I’m not sure if it’s worth using the new cable or should I stick with my old one?