Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charging cards should I be signing up for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a SemaCharge card this week when I found several SemaCharge stations in Kansas City (at Walgreen's locations). They're all currently free and the card may be unnecessary, but with my ChargePoint experiences so far having the card saves time/effort of making a phone call to get access to the charger, instead a simple swipe does the trick.

Besides the SemaCharge I have a Blink and a ChargePoint card so far, but there isn't much infrastructure around me.

I have a ChargePoint card (and a ChargePoint charger), but don't see why it's necessary. You can tap any RFID-enabled card (PayPass, etc.) or just go into the ChargePoint app to start it. No phone call is necessary.

Really! That's a good tip. Guess it just has you prepared for the non-Free chargers then.
And I thought I was so smart thinking ahead and getting the card...

Really! That's a good tip. Guess it just has you prepared for the non-Free chargers then.
And I thought I was so smart thinking ahead and getting the card...

Hey, wallet bling is a good enough reason to have it :)

But you don't even need it for paid chargers. Actually, you don't even need an account if you have a contactless credit card. But you do need an account to use the app to start it.

I have Blink, Chargepoint and AeroVironment are the three I have. AeroVironment is for the West Coast EV highway stations and the other two are for the various commonly available ones around town. I keep all cards or fobs for charging networks in my glove box. I don't need clutter in my wallet