Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What classification will the Model X get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to replace the company mobile in 2015, hoping to add the Model X to the fleet. But I've emailed customer service and never heard back.

Maybe the forum BT can help me out here.

In order for me to add a vehicle to my fleet, it has to...

1. GVWR > 6000lbs.
2. Classified as a truck (SUV counts).

Thanks for any insight you might have.

G is for Gross. It's the total max allowable weight of the car loaded (+ what it's towing!) not how much it weighs sitting there empty, right?
So the model X could easily reach a GVWR of 6k lbs. though you may not want to make a habit of going there with it.

Correct. Gross, means passengers plus whatever load plus weight of car.

All vehicles has a GVWR, just wondering what the X will be. Anybody know what the GVWR for the Model S is? Maybe that'll shed some clue.

Thanks.

G is for Gross. It's the total max allowable weight of the car loaded (+ what it's towing!) not how much it weighs sitting there empty, right?
So the model X could easily reach a GVWR of 6k lbs. though you may not want to make a habit of going there with it.

On the European Certificate of compliance (legal document for all models of cars sold in Europe it says "maximum permissible mass" is 2590kg for Model S. This is the same as your gross weight I think. This works out at 5698 pounds.