Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color is my Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I need a little advice here. I bought this gray Roadster just over a year ago, and it's scheduled to be repainted next week.

I was always under the impression that my Roadster was painted Thunder Grey, however when I saw another one in that color I wasn't so sure anymore. Mine is EU #974 so it might be the 2012 exclusive "Galactic Gray".

Please have a look at the comparison I just made:
color difference.jpeg

Here's some more pictures of my Roadster:
IMG_1200 Large.jpeg

IMG_1416 Large.jpeg

B7877AEC-126A-4D95-861E-1B4973162030.jpeg

7FD9C407-65DA-4A20-92CC-7F94AD43232A.jpeg

Teslas press image for the 2012 exclusive colors
Euro2012.png

What do you think?

Last edited:
EU 974 is indeed painted Galactic Gray, which is incredibly rare and unique.

There were only 8 VINs produced in Galactic Gray. Yours is 2 of 8.

...your interior... is the rare 2012-only “Oxford Blue” secondary color interior. I’ve only ever seen photos of this interior once before.

Calling out each of @DeedWest's facts individually to help steer you away from a color change and submitting this book cover which I think sums up my sentiments and perhaps that of others who feel these cars are moving into collector territory now.

ezgif-1-492336c560.jpeg

Reactions: eHorses
Calling out each of @DeedWest's facts individually to help steer you away from a color change and submitting this book cover which I think sums up my sentiments and perhaps that of others who feel these cars are moving into collector territory now.

View attachment 791981

I’m not changing the color! And I wish I didn’t have to get it repainted, however this thing has bubbles under the paint everywhere. It’s been in an extremely humid environment for most of its life, and the previous owner hasn’t taken good care of it.
My local Lotus garage has sanded all panels and given them some weeks to completely dry out. I told them to repaint it in Thunder Grey, as that’s what I thought my color was.
I’ll make sure it gets painted in Galactic Grey to keep it as original as possible, but I simply can’t let the paint bubble & peel off…

EU 974 is indeed painted Galactic Gray, which is incredibly rare and unique. There were only 8 VINs produced in Galactic Gray. Yours is 2 of 8. I also noticed your interior, which is the rare 2012-only “Oxford Blue” secondary color interior. I’ve only ever seen photos of this interior once before.
Enjoy your very special Roadster!
Thank you so much!!
If I may ask, where do you get all this information from? And do you by any chance know Galactic Grays paint code? My paint sticker is no longer present under the glovebox. Could the code be located somewhere else as well?