TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What color is the black interior?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Maury Radin, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Maury Radin

Maury Radin Member

I know. That sounds like a stupid question. But, my model S P85 has arrived at the service center and I have just been told that the headliner and pillars are tan alcantara. It was explained further that ALL P85's come with tan in the cockpit, regardless of what color interior was ordered. Is this true? I would like to know from others what your experience has been. Thanks.
    Maury

2. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Tan. It sucks, but that's all that Tesla offers. To me black means black, not black/ tan.

3. jammerdjc

jammerdjc S Owner/Member

Isn't Black and Tan what you get to drink at a good pub??

4. Maury Radin

Maury Radin Member

I agree with you completely. I also think it should be made clear by their employees and should be readily visible on the web site.

5. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Yes. I wasn't very happy about the tan(gets filthy fast) when I took delivery, but what does one do? The drivetrain part of the car is awesome, some of the rest of it, not so much.

6. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

please tell me where it is not clear? there is not a single interior shot of the car that does not show this! so if you buy a car and configure it on the website or in a TESLA store (same thing) how can it not be clear that the headliner is light beige tan?

then if you don't like it that's another question but you are certainly made aware before you press the order button.... :)

7. B-Chicago

B-Chicago Member

All of the pics on the website show the tan headliner and pillars. That is why many on this site go with the gray interior on the P series (the piping matches exactly). Also a reason why many specifically don't like the mandatory red piping on the black (too bad). If there is anything that needs to be improved, it is the color options, but you can still find a few that work well.

8. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Tesla's site is pretty clear. No matter how you configure the interior leather colors, the headliner does not change, and always shows the tan roof line , though it would probably help to put it into words too. Maybe add a 3D 360 panning view.

9. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I have the black interior and love the alcantara headliner. It was obvious to me on the website that this is what I was getting.

My Evo had a lighter headliner as well (black interior, grey headliner).

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

If we're talking about the same thing, I'm pretty sure it's cream colored not tan. The cream color aligns with the Sig white leather much more than it aligns with the tan leather. So much so that it was in my PRO column for the white seats vs. the black.

11. lloyds

lloyds Member

Tesla's site is pretty straight forward. I do wish they offered it in a different color though

12. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Not sure how this could be a shock to anyone. When you build your vehicle and select your interior color, the headliner is clearly cream. When you reserve, the rendered photos of your interior order also show a cream headliner. Then, after your order is finalized and being built, clicking the View Design button brings up a PDF file along with an interior photo which, again, shows a cream headliner. So there is no way anyone could be surprised unless they ordered this vehicle with their eyes closed. I love the cream headliner even with a black interior. Combined with the pano roof, the car looks uber spacious inside and not the typical black, claustrophobic cave that it can sometimes resemble.

13. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

My last 5 cars all had black leather, and either beige or gray headliners and pillars. And those were all different auto makers, so it seems to be pretty standard.

14. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

Agree... two black cars previous to our MS and one had Gray and one had Tan. IMHO, it is nice to have a little bit of contrasting colors (that coming from a Black with Black owner :biggrin:)

15. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    I'm guessing most manufacturers don't do a black roof so it doesn't look so small inside.

16. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Mine is cream colored with black interior. Looks very nice.

17. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

i love the contrast and it is similar to my previous vehicles with dark interiors and lighter pillars/hedliner.