Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color or pattern should I paint my floor to assist summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All! In anticipation of my new Model X arriving, I am cleaning, reorganizing, and repainting my garage. I am considering painting the floor and it got me thinking about the summon feature and what, if any, effect color or pattern might have on the summon feature. I plan to park the car in the garage using the summon feature. I would like for the vehicle to back into the garage. Would floor color or a pattern help or interfere with summon in any way? If so, what colors or patterns might help with the summon feature?
Thanks!!

Everyday I summon forward-in & summon exit-out, even with a transition outta garage and again onto street. It's not 100% though even after 2 yrs.

If a floor color paint, or pattern would make a difference, you are going to surprise everybody. I agree with others it will not. If it does, that pattern will have to extend to the street to be useful for a full exit.

You have to make the car feel at home if you want summon to work consistently. Paint it black with white lines so the car in summon mode can be within it's natural habitat and comfort zone.

parking-spot.jpg

In all seriousness..summon uses mostly the park sensors and not the camera. So the paint color won't matter.

Reactions: MelaniainLA