Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What comes with the Founders Edition that isn’t available in the standard production version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right Bonnie!

Although Roadster Reservation Terms & Conditions only implies that it's "Reservation Payment" and does not mention an actual purchase price,

However, I look at the website again and I now feel confident that $250,000 is the purchase price because it says "Founders Series Price" not just a "Founders Series Reservation" that might need additional funds at configuration.

View attachment 264218
The payment has to be referred to as a reservation, since there is no vehicle to purchase at this point in time. And fully agree with you, $250K is also the purchase price.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Soo, I‘m placing my order right now, but I‘m stuck at selection Founders Edition or not. There‘s no explanation what the FE is, if it comes out first, and why it‘s 50k more expensive. Well, actually a lot more than 50k when you calculate compounding interest on 200k for 3 years (or maybe, most probably 5 years).

Did Musk maybe mention anything about the Founders Edition during the presentation? I‘m not interested to pay an extra 50k for a special color...
Any info on the Founders Edition? Thanks!

Well Elon did say that the 0-60 of 1.9 seconds was for the base version, so maybe the Founders Series is the higher performance version that can cause you to black out from the G forces. :)

Reactions: SpaceCash
The stats posted (0-60 in 1.9s etc) were for the base model. According to Elon (and some people I chatted with at the event), the
Founders will go beyond.

.View attachment 261388

The tweet that followed that tweet is interesting. Originally I thought Elon was joking. But after placing an order for a Boring Company flamethrower, I'm starting to think that Elon might have meant what he said.

IMG_0091.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
The stats posted (0-60 in 1.9s etc) were for the base model. According to Elon (and some people I chatted with at the event), the Founders will go beyond.​

Was it clear that the "special options package" would be included on the Founders' versions?

I love to accelerate quickly. Always lusting after vehicles that can rocket off the line.
But yearning for quicker than sub 2 second 0-60 times? That seems like crazy talk.
I think we are getting into the "beyond fun" territory and into the physics experiment department.

I love to accelerate quickly. Always lusting after vehicles that can rocket off the line.
But yearning for quicker than sub 2 second 0-60 times? That seems like crazy talk.
I think we are getting into the "beyond fun" territory and into the physics experiment department.

Or into damage to internal organs dept. :)

Did I ever think I would find myself making a statement like that? No, I did not. Tesla has changed everything...

With any luck, Sir Isaac will be in the driver's seat of a Roadster in about a week...

Carrier launched aircraft cause shortening of the eyeball because the front of the eye is pushed back by the acceleration and the eye temporally looses focus. Anyone experience this in a Tesla?
@iwannam3, I found a good article put out by the FAA regarding changes with fighter jet launches and vision is addressed in this article too. They mention decreased retinal blood flow as a reason to worry about visual loss and I don't think a shortening of the globe is possible in Tesla, even in launch mode.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAQegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw0Xgp2cfXKsQTisnMVNkNS4

Carrier launched aircraft cause shortening of the eyeball because the front of the eye is pushed back by the acceleration and the eye temporally looses focus. Anyone experience this in a Tesla?

I actually took a friend for a ride last weekend. He almost puked and said his stomach didn't feel good after. Was an older fella. He abruptly left after we returned from our rocket launch.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby and SpaceCash
Did they just change the performance rating on it? I swear it was 1.8 seconds 0-100 originally.View attachment 289532
@Ludalicious
Was always 1.9 sec 0-60m/h (96.561km/h) and still is. Your screenshot shows 2.1 sec 0-100km/h (62.137m/h). Hopefully this explains the differece in rated launch times. The Roadster shouldn't take an additional 0.2 sec to go from 96.561km/h to 100km/h! Something is wrong in the way its presented currently. Mathematicians, please help!
Screenshot_20180327-170142.jpg

That has always been the point except for Model 3 for employees first: Time is money. Those who want first must pay much more.

It sounds like you don't want to be the first?
Oftentimes it's better not to be "1st" ... remember making the mistake of buying a .0 version of Microsoft anything? I sure as hell do .. writing a business plan for venture .. the ram cache would fill and freeze .. always at the very top of the "next page" .. and you couldn't even page back and write down what you'd written by hand. My cats hid for a week while Mommy SCREAMED at the computer. And then finally gave in and went to Kinko's ...

• Funny
@Ludalicious
Was always 1.9 sec 0-60m/h (96.561km/h) and still is. Your screenshot shows 2.1 sec 0-100km/h (62.137m/h). Hopefully this explains the differece in rated launch times. The Roadster shouldn't take an additional 0.2 sec to go from 96.561km/h to 100km/h! Something is wrong in the way its presented currently. Mathematicians, please help!View attachment 289740

Unless it has a gearbox....... o_O

• Funny
Reactions: mongo
@Ludalicious
Was always 1.9 sec 0-60m/h (96.561km/h) and still is. Your screenshot shows 2.1 sec 0-100km/h (62.137m/h). Hopefully this explains the differece in rated launch times. The Roadster shouldn't take an additional 0.2 sec to go from 96.561km/h to 100km/h! Something is wrong in the way its presented currently. Mathematicians, please help!View attachment 289740

Stretching math to the breaking point:
If it takes 0.1000000001 seconds longer (3.6% speed increase in 5.1% more time seems not unreasonable), and the numbers are really 1.9499999999 and 2.05, the rounding could cover the rest. (Or they mathed wrong, or Canada has lower octane electrons:)) .

If they used the "don't count initial roll out" measurement system, the numbers are even more sensible (adding time to both numbers puts the ratio closer together).