Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Constitutes Battery Replacement Under Warranty for Older Batteries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to be clear, work outside the US is always a consideration, never off the the table. understandably, the issue is really international shipping logistics, especially when the physical car is involved, as potential importation issues come into play if it’s a physical car.

provided shipping can be arranged, and we’re always happy to expand our logistics capabilities, we are more than happy to take on ANY pack.

In fact, we already do this today as part of our Preferred Installer program.

Thanks for your reply. I will keep you in mind should the worst happen.

and if the spread is equal, but relatively large - say greater than 6 Ah min-to-max with min-to-avg ang avg-to-max the same - you actually have a pack that has multiple bricks, possibly multiple modules, that have failed, or are failing. that's actually our worse case scenario, and may prevent us from being able to re-certify a pack... 😐 )
So @Recell if I have a pack with 8 Ah min-to-max and min-to-avg being 4 Ah, does that suggest a potential problems with the pack in the future? The pack is performing fine at the moment.

8Ah is a 3.5% capacity delta. would like to see better of course, but hardly fatal and will provide reliable operation, provided it remains stable.
Thank you for the feedback. Yes when you consider it is only +/- 1.8% from the average CAC, it doesn’t sound that bad. The overall battery degradation from new is only 5.5% after 8 years and that has been fairly stable.

I was kinda freaking out when I read that a 5 Ah imbalance means eventual pack failure but there must be more context to that.