Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What could be the name of the new Semi-Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HGV or lorry.

Trucks are little things, why you call it a semi truck when its bigger than 1 truck is rather odd. You should call them double trucks. I know the trailer is the other half but the name makes it sound smaller, half the size of a truck.

Reactions: DriverOne
HGV or lorry.

Trucks are little things, why you call it a semi truck when its bigger than 1 truck is rather odd. You should call them double trucks. I know the trailer is the other half but the name makes it sound smaller, half the size of a truck.
Haha... we just have to get used to the American language:D
Haven't heard any mention of an 'Artic' yet...;)

HGV or lorry.

It is supposed to be tractor and semi-trailer. As the trailer is not a full trailer as it requires the tractor to support the front of it.

Model P has always been the best option for the pickup truck.
Why not Tesla PT (Platoon Truck) or Tesla PST (Platoon Semi-Truck)?

Tesla Platoon .jpg

It is supposed to be tractor and semi-trailer. As the trailer is not a full trailer as it requires the tractor to support the front of it.

"Semi" is what it is called on the western side of the USA. On the East, we call it a Tractor-Trailer. In the south it is called an 18-wheeler:

Attachments

• semi trailer.jpg
    semi trailer.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow