Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really.

Downloaded day and night time videos but unfortunately I have to do my job and did not have the time to upload them.

Day time video is ok but night time is not good in my opinion. Rear cam is useless/my rear window have tint/

Will try tomorrow to post examples.

P.S. Can someone tell me how to separate front and rear video? Now they are one avi file and not sure if youtube will be happy with it

I'm also trying to decide between the Blackvue 650s and 490 so would be interested to hear your opinion. There's a link here that discusses the key differences Comparison: Blackvue DR490-2CH vs. Blackvue DR650S-2CH but I am curious how both do with a Tesla.

Here's a link about how to split the videos: How to Split DR490-2CH Front and Rear Videos Using Blackvue Viewer

• Informative
Reactions: Karlton770
I'm also trying to decide between the Blackvue 650s and 490 so would be interested to hear your opinion. There's a link here that discusses the key differences Comparison: Blackvue DR490-2CH vs. Blackvue DR650S-2CH but I am curious how both do with a Tesla.

Here's a link about how to split the videos: How to Split DR490-2CH Front and Rear Videos Using Blackvue Viewer
For me I picked the 490. Im not a dashcam fanatic, so I won't be uploaded footage. I just want to protect my car if it gets hit. I have no need to view my footage while I'm in the car with wifi or over the cloud. If something happens, I'll take the memory card out and plug it I to my phone SD card adapter and view it. If it needs further review, I will view it on the computer. I will probably never look at the footage. Only in the even my car is scratched, hit, or robbed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get a voice notification on the 490 informing you of an event that happened while you were away. With that said, the 490 is also the better quality camera at the moment. I got mine for $199. I don't see why pay about double the price for features I won't use.