TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What determines when Supercharger appears?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Darwood77, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

Anyone know what makes the Supercharger icon show up in the bottom right of the map? Seems totally random to me...

2. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

#2 Saghost, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    You mean the button with the lightning bolt that you hit to get a list of charging destinations for the Navigation?

It (only) appears when you touch the map area of the screen, at least on my X.

3. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

And they highlight if in range.

4. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

Yes, the button with the lightning bolt. Mine just seems to show up whenever it feels like it, without touching the map. I wish it was always there.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Just touch the map and viola!

6. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Active Member

That would just clutter the map up for the 99% of the time when you don't care where the Superchargers are. With over 300 miles of range and leaving home every morning charged up, the last thing I want is to see every Supercharger in the area cluttering up the map.