Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did I get for EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased EAP for my 2020 M3 when it was made available last year. I don’t do a lot of highway driving so I’ve questioned whether it’s been worth it. Summon was a one time use party trick, and other than indicated lane change I’d never know I’ve got it.
I live in Austin and needed to go on interstate 35 yesterday. “Great - I’ll see that solid line in the middle of the lane when doing Nav on AP...”. Nope! Even on an interstate I only see this pic. What am I not doing right??
Thanks!

Attachments

• 47783D79-5982-43F3-90C9-88E5B9E8892F.jpeg
    47783D79-5982-43F3-90C9-88E5B9E8892F.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 79
I purchased EAP for my 2020 M3 when it was made available last year. I don’t do a lot of highway driving so I’ve questioned whether it’s been worth it. Summon was a one time use party trick, and other than indicated lane change I’d never know I’ve got it.
I live in Austin and needed to go on interstate 35 yesterday. “Great - I’ll see that solid line in the middle of the lane when doing Nav on AP...”. Nope! Even on an interstate I only see this pic. What am I not doing right??
Thanks!

When you put an address in, do you see a blue box with "navigate on AP" at the bottom of the nav directions? There needs to be a blue Nav on AP box. You can tap it to turn NOA on, I believe.

Also you need to turn Nav on AP on in the AP settings.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I don't see that blue (or grey if disabled) NoAP button in the screenshot under the directions list. I'm guessing that means NoAP isn't turned on. You have to manually enable it in Autopilot settings (because you have to agree to the beta feature terms). From: Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

"To engage this feature, you must first enable Autosteer by going to Controls > Autopilot > Autosteer - then enable the Navigate on Autopilot feature. Camera calibration will be required and the latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded via WiFi.

For each route where Navigate on Autopilot is available, you will have the option to activate it by pressing the NAVIGATE ON AUTOPILOT button located in your Navigation Turn List. You can also activate Navigate on Autopilot automatically any time a destination is entered and Autopilot is engaged by adjusting your Navigate on Autopilot settings from Controls > Autopilot > Customize Navigate on Autopilot.

On Model 3 and Model Y, Navigate on Autopilot can be engaged on most highways by moving the gear lever twice downwards, in quick succession."

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod