Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Model 3 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Every other forum I am a member of has this thread, but it's is conspicuously absent here.

Well, it was:

IMG_8868.JPG

In preparation for a road trip to LA, I have installed the ventilated seating I saw in another post here.

Previously I have had the paint protected with Opticoat Pro and Glassparency, sprayed a protective film onto the bumpers, added a digital license plate, added a trailer hitch, added a bike rack, and I purchased cooler/warmer cup off Amazon, but it's not here yet. Off to drive Highway 1 to LA with my electric bike, hopefully, we all make it back.

-Randy

Every other forum I am a member of has this thread, but it's is conspicuously absent here.

Well, it was:

View attachment 301159

In preparation for a road trip to LA, I have installed the ventilated seating I saw in another post here.

Previously I have had the paint protected with Opticoat Pro and Glassparency, sprayed a protective film onto the bumpers, added a digital license plate, added a trailer hitch, added a bike rack, and I purchased cooler/warmer cup off Amazon, but it's not here yet. Off to drive Highway 1 to LA with my electric bike, hopefully, we all make it back.

-Randy
Hey Randy,

Can you provide a link to the seat cover? Thanks!

Well, it was:

View attachment 301159

-Randy

@Randy Spencer,

How well does the ventilated seat cover work? Are you satisfied/happy with it?

Ski

I put on my chrome "Model 3" badges from RPM Tesla on the trunk lid, like Tesla should have done in the first place. The RPM Tesla badges look good, but they seriously need to improve their method of holding the letters together for application!

Off to drive Highway 1 to LA with my electric bike, hopefully, we all make it back.

Were you driving HWY1 just south of Santa Cruz yesterday afternoon? Guessing there are not many red model 3's with a hitch mount bike rack right now. I was the blue 3 going in the other direction waving enthusiastically that you probably didn't see :).

On topic: Only mod thus far is removing air bag stickers and installing car seats.

Were you driving HWY1 just south of Santa Cruz yesterday afternoon? Guessing there are not many red model 3's with a hitch mount bike rack right now. I was the blue 3 going in the other direction waving enthusiastically that you probably didn't see :).

On topic: Only mod thus far is removing air bag stickers and installing car seats.
What method did you use to remove the air back stickers?

How well does the ventilated seat cover work? Are you satisfied/happy with it?

It is the correct dimensions for the seat, it stays in place, it is almost unnoticeable yet it breathes during sweaty times, like sitting in a glass-topped car in the LA sun. Not as quiet as the seats are by themselves. More comfortable than the beaded seat cover I have in the RV. Cheap! Arrived in time for the trip!

Honestly, I didn't see that many Model 3's in the few days of driving, but I did see the waving. Also saw another red on the trip and a white one in Bel Aire last night during rush hour. I actually get more attention for my Sprinter RV than I got driving the Model 3. It's odd, for most of the drive I don't think people know about the car, but then here and in LA people have gotten used to them.

I did get a thumbs up from a traffic cop at the same intersection as the white car. Also, a guy in Pismo Beach wanted to gab. I couple of women with their phone cameras out came towards me in Santa Barbara but then they took pics of the Corvette next to me... Really?

-Randy

Last edited: