Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Model 3 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sirius is still a serious option? I have driven all over the country and there are just tiny places where the car is NOT on the Internet. Why would you pay a monthly fee to get access to music from a satellite, when the car comes with FREE music?
[Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn]

I had Sirius in my last car, I even paid for it for six months, but it is just not worth it, with all the other subscriptions I pay for (HBO, Netflix, Amazon). Then to top it off you just ask the car "Play Artist Electric Light Orchestra" and you get many of the popular titles [Oddly, it won't play Drum Dream from the Xanadu soundtrack, the wife thinks that's a "feature"] and a plethora of other similar songs. While Sirius is busy playing another promo for their own service...

Sirius is still a serious option? I have driven all over the country and there are just tiny places where the car is NOT on the Internet. Why would you pay a monthly fee to get access to music from a satellite, when the car comes with FREE music?
[Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn, Please don't say Howard Stearn]

I had Sirius in my last car, I even paid for it for six months, but it is just not worth it, with all the other subscriptions I pay for (HBO, Netflix, Amazon). Then to top it off you just ask the car "Play Artist Electric Light Orchestra" and you get many of the popular titles [Oddly, it won't play Drum Dream from the Xanadu soundtrack, the wife thinks that's a "feature"] and a plethora of other similar songs. While Sirius is busy playing another promo for their own service...

Couple of things (absolutely NONE of which are Stern .... don’t like the guy.)

- I prefer human-curated playlists. The algorithmic stuff on Pandora/Slacker/Spotify/et al aren’t nearly as good.

- choosing songs/artists/etc isn’t what I want to do. I want a mix and I don’t want to think about it. Siri and Echo Auto etc don’t do that well.

- live sports. I can listen to MLB games, NFL games, etc anywhere anytime.

- other channels like comedy, etc. are great for long trips.

So yes - I think there are definitely some distinct advantages over streaming still. Content is king, and algorithmic programming just doesn’t satisfy me. For $5/mo, I’m happy. That’s one black coffee at Starbucks. :)

Reactions: qdeathstar

Howard Stern is the only reason I have Sirius. Also just stream from my phone to the car.

Reactions: yerEVan
Installed the rubber extensions on the OEM Canadian front mudflaps that were installed at delivery. Those extensions should have been installed at the dealer in my opinion, they were a pain to do. Jad to uninstall the small ones to insert metal screwing pieces... At least it's done now!

Extensions? Got a picture?
Now I do. Notice the dirt of our Quebec winters... You can see there are two parts. The smaller piece is hard plastic and was attached with normal pushpins plus one screw under the body. I had to remove the pushpins, remove the hard mudflap, pull out the wheel liner to install a metal thing that you can screw in, slap the bigger rubber part on (there is provided 3M tape) and screw the whole thing back on.
Note: the extensions had been left in my bottom trunk.

Attachments

• 20191221_162732.jpg
    20191221_162732.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 137
Now I do. Notice the dirt of our Quebec winters... You can see there are two parts. The smaller piece is hard plastic and was attached with normal pushpins plus one screw under the body. I had to remove the pushpins, remove the hard mudflap, pull out the wheel liner to install a metal thing that you can screw in, slap the bigger rubber part on (there is provided 3M tape) and screw the whole thing back on.

Thank you for the pic. First I've seen.

Wow... that... that sure is... um... well... unsightly (to put it mildly).

• Funny
Reactions: BodegaBay
wife got me the Evannex wireless charging pad for the Model 3. Installed it yesterday.
Only issue i have had with it so far is it will randomly pause charging, but will start up again without us moving our phones.
No biggie, just a bit annoying

Installed the 245/45R-18 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 2016 Production XL (Qty:4) that I got the last set from Tire Rack on closeout for $149 each. Glad I was looking at oddball sizes.

They are surprisingly quiet compared to the Michelin tires that originally came on the 18" Aero rims. I haven't had the Aero caps since the day I took delivery but I may need them. I used to get 247 wh/mi and now I am getting 300. Perhaps it's because they are a little wider.

I also finally got a cheap set of the 19" silver rims to put Summer tires on after Winter ends.