Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Model 3 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed a spoiler

7B078331-6BE2-4F33-93C7-B8A1A2A076E0.jpeg
3CA2EFCB-2BE5-46AE-8B14-F2126973484D.jpeg

I used the steering wheel to rest objects between it and my chest, but I damaged the chrome on the T logo. I went to Tesla to complain but they said: "You have more than 1200 miles, not our problem". OK, how much to replace the logo then? "You have to replace the airbag".

So my wife suggested nail polish:

DB504BD1-6632-4794-8AE1-13DA0DD975AC_1_105_c.jpeg
F67FA0DE-8F83-4858-ABB3-A1DE06C8A17B_1_105_c.jpeg
172D779A-2FC2-4787-A4FF-69CFB8D545C0_1_105_c.jpeg

The pink stuff prevents the nail polish from adhering to the rest of the wheel

It's hard to appreciate how sparkly the polish is w/o movement, but in the sun it's dazzling

I used the steering wheel to rest objects between it and my chest, but I damaged the chrome on the T logo. I went to Tesla to complain but they said: "You have more than 1200 miles, not our problem". OK, how much to replace the logo then? "You have to replace the airbag".

View attachment 540365 View attachment 540371 View attachment 540372

It's hard to appreciate how sparkly the polish is w/o movement, but in the sun it's dazzling

Obviously you need to do your nails as well - they have to match.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up

View attachment 540365 View attachment 540371 View attachment 540372

Lol really? Sounds unnecessary

And nail polish? Just put a sticker over it man

You want bling? Here you go

Tesla Steering Wheel Emblem Sticker Crystal Bling T Logo Decal Model 3 SLIVER | eBay

s-l400.jpg

You want any color of the rainbow? Here you go

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Cut-Graphics-Tesla-Model/dp/B07R45WXRS/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=tesla+model+3+steering+wheel+sticker&qid=1589155308&s=automotive&sr=1-19&th=1

81JgpEnlqvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Complain about .... what?

Warranties cover manufacturing defects, not us loose nuts behind the wheel. :)

And nail polish? Just put a sticker over it man
Not quite the durability I was looking for.

@dmurphy I didn’t expect it to be cheaply made and so expensive to repair.

@Naftaturbo Wow, that post was right after I got my car 2 years ago. What a flashback. It’s not so precious any more, but still not a fan of the corvette... other than the ‘57 that I detailed my Tesla to look like.