Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I removed the Aero Wheel Covers and fitted the Tesla accessory wheel hub cover. In our view the look of the car is improved and I can live with the small additional increase in drag, plus the subsequent 4 to 6 mile loss of range.

What does the "Collective" think? Sorry about the rain streaks...

Ordered these back on the 5th May, 'dispatched' on the 6th and since then absolutely nothing, DHL still say the label was printed but not received the item.

Picked mine up on Monday after dropping it off at Azuri Car Care in Stevenage to have it polished, ceramic coated, and PPF added to the sills and around the back of the wheel arches. Looks great and hopefully make it easier to keep clean!

Today I am going to try out for the first time the BP Chargemaster 7kW wall unit (that I received free with my Smart Car, which I'll never use on the Smart Car as the Granny Charger will always be good enough).

I've set the BP charger to start at 1:45am and finish as 6:00am with a target of "Full Battery" and "Fast" charging, so 7kW.

The Tesla is set to start charging at 2:00am to add about 120 miles, so should finish between 4am and 5am.

Let's hope this works.:)

Today I am going to try out for the first time the BP Chargemaster 7kW wall unit (that I received free with my Smart Car, which I'll never use on the Smart Car as the Granny Charger will always be good enough).

I've set the BP charger to start at 1:45am and finish as 6:00am with a target of "Full Battery" and "Fast" charging, so 7kW.

The Tesla is set to start charging at 2:00am to add about 120 miles, so should finish between 4am and 5am.

I don't understand why you have to have settings on both the car and the charge point? If the charge point is set to always on then it will charge the car from the time you set on the car up to the percentage you set on the car (or on the Tesla app).

I don't understand why you have to have settings on both the car and the charge point? If the charge point is set to always on then it will charge the car from the time you set on the car up to the percentage you set on the car (or on the Tesla app).
Good question! We are on Economy 7 tariff, so cheap power always between 1:00am and 6:30am, so I only want to charge during those times; I set the start time in the Economy 7 period even though the charger is wired to the 24hr supply socket.

The charger could in theory be used to charge the Smart car, but being mean, since the Smart cannot set a charge start time, I didn't want to risk paying twice the price to charge it.

I do have a Tesla charger too and would have no use for smart capabilities of a gen 3 charger, but since the BP charger was free, I thought I'd try it out.

The BP and Tesla chargers are wired via a change-over switch so both can't operate at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado

Well that didn't work out as I expected! My Tesla only charged at 16A, so instead of finishing during the cheap Economy 7 period, it continued charging at 16A into the peak period. :(.

A call to BP Pulse confirmed there is a small change-over switch inside the BP Pulse connection box and this switch determines whether charging is at 16A or 32A.

So, I decided to drill a hole in the connection box and mount the switch, so it could be operated from outside the connection box. A warning, this should only be done if the charger is in a dry place like a garage, as the connection box then becomes non-waterproof.

Photos show my modifications with the connection box cover off and on. Now I can easily set the charging current, and tonight, I will try charging the Smart Car at 32A, instead of using the Granny Charger.

Attachments

• IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    611.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    540.5 KB · Views: 34
So here it is, the upgrade that I doubt anyone has been waiting for.... Rear passenger bins:

1622299798008.png

My kids know how precious I am about keeping the car clean, and their excuse is always that there's no where to put their rubbish, so they're out of excuses now.

These were around £15 each, decent match for the black pleather and come with around 25 small bin liners. They also have an LED light. I assume it's not for routing through rubbish in the dark but possibly for using without the bin liners as an additional storage device. They just clip over the pocket on the rear of the front seats.

1622299969393.png

Main functional purpose aside, they're pretty good at preventing shoe marks from the rear of the front seats.

Also swapped out the all weather mats during the summer months for carpeted ones. They actually have a noticeable effect on sound deadening so come the winter I'll investigate if there's anyway the all weathers can sit on top of the carpeted mats.

Reactions: Durzel
Will make a new thread when I get round to installing these but I've purchased the sound deadening kit for the front wheel wells. I don't really have any issues with the sound, but it would be nice to tidy up that area and if there's any reduction in sound then that's a bonus.

Before installing, I want to add a ceramic coating, so did a test patch today with the following:

1622300511330.png

Test patch is the darker centre strip in the liner. I used Gtechniq C5 but after leaving it for the recommended drying time it doesn't seem to have any impact on water repellence so think I'm going to need something specifically designed for fabric, such as 'CarPro CQuartz Fabric and Hood Impregnator'.

Will save the C5 for the callipers, order the CQuartz and weather dependent will install next weekend.

Every four weeks we have a Chinese takeaway, and there is a really good one where we are. There's a little Chinese boy aged 11 who operates the till, and he's keen on cars, and he's good on maths too, so today I took him for a 45min ride in my M3P (having of course made the appropriate arrangements with parents).

He was fascinated with the car and likes Teslas, and spent much of the time on Spotify and asking lots of questions about the car and the "engine". This made my day, and made his too. A happy ending.