Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
A thread for those that like to tinker.

Several forums I've been a member of in the past have had a long running thread like this. I can't see one here, so thought I'd start one.

A digest of small accomplishments (or failures) which don't always warrant a new thread...

Today, after waiting around a month for delivery, I installed a small net to stop items from entering the air con vents in the frunk:

Before:

20200904_183423.jpg

After:

20200904_183455.jpg

20200904_183542.jpg

A thread for those that like to tinker.

Several forums I've been a member of in the past have had a long running thread like this. I can't see one here, so thought I'd start one.

A digest of small accomplishments (or failures) which don't always warrant a new thread...

I moved my M3 out if the way for my new Laguna bandsaw. Zero miles MVIMG_20200904_165008.jpg

Well 'today' (yesterday) was a psychological step forward in our ownership.

Last October we received an Abstract Ocean order, but due to some snagging items on the list, we were not in a position to fit all the ordered items. Yesterday ('today') I fitted the final item, the roof seal. We recently had final snags (roof glass) and follow ups fixed, so after a few days cool enough to wash the car to clean the gutters of detritus from recent high winds, we were finally in a position to fit the seal.

It was a perfect fit and dead easy to fit once I had got someone to hold the opposite corner to stop it popping out. Very little tension (so I cannot see how the stories of it cutting the seals) and gently pushed into the gaps. It looks very smart, hiding a few small descrepancies in the fitted window seal, but I have no idea on if it will make any difference to wind noise. At the time it was purchased, our glass alignment was horrendous, with large gap on one side, small gap the other so probably contributed to wind noise. The newly fitted panels look perfect.

I also got prompted for another install of 2020.32.5, so I installed that. I went to reboot the car to find another update downloading which was the 'Fallout Shelter' game that had been stuck on 'Awaiting update'. Once installed, I had a quick play, but only got as far as the introductory screens. But looks a good game.

A couple more things to do to the car for it to be 'done'. Ranger visit Monday to fix a clicking noise from windscreen wipers that was probably introduced when a wiper arm was damaged then replaced during a couple of recent service visits. The noise was only noticed a few days ago when the car was driven in heavy rain since the visit. The under seat vent covers - I have yet to actually see clearly where they go. Then finally to fit our cherished plates. SWMBO had been putting these off until the original 69 plate had expired, then covid restrictions got in the way. So now the change in plate colour (I personally like the idea of the green), and 1 year anniversary of the car it seems like a good time to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medved_77
Today I drove my M3P in traffic for 2 1/2 hours. I was daisy fresh when I got home.

Yesterday I drove for about the same time in the missus's 1.4T Golf, and was glad to get out of it. Very glad.
Curious as I picked mine up yesterday and drove 3 hours and felt the same as you, and that was after 2.5 hrs down to the Tesla garage in a hire car prior that I was pleased to get out of!

Were you driving ‘manually’! Or on autopilot?

Fitted Abstract weatherproof floor mats front/rear, they are ace - plus amazon-sourced boot liner, which has fold-creases for easy access to under-floor storage.

Later today will fit Tesla sunshades and maybe the AO screen protector, although I’m not convinced it needs it from a glare point of view, bit concerned the HD-matte version will ruin the look of the screen resolution.

Also need to locate exact source of interior rattle behind passenger seat, it may be the floor/sill entry trim join section as that seems a bit wobbly.

After that I need to try out the tow hook on-off process properly.

Next after that is to play around with a couple of NFC tags, and then register for TeslaFi using @Mr Miserable ’s referral to say thanks for all his efforts on ship tracking info.

What I would really like to source is a clear matte dash trim PPF templated film piece to protect the white dash trim and remove minor glare from drivers front window.

Reactions: Medved_77
Do you have a link please? Our previous main cars both had boot liners, but it was always a PITA to get to the occasional under floor storage. As on our Model 3 underfloor needs more regular access, we have put off getting a boot liner.

bit painful on cost but it’s a good fit and the pull strap is accessible without faffing about. Very grippy on both sides and zero odour

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083TN1YR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Puzuk and M3-Newbie
Tesla sunshade review - both parts are reasonable fit, had to add a couple of black sticky felt pads to the clips so they don’t rattle against the glass.

The visual effect is excellent, really works with the black/white interior.

However on reflection, the front is great but rear blocks too much vision, and makes the interior feel smaller, plus I don’t like how the mesh material sags down across the rear window.

So the front will stay in and the rear will be left for occasional summer protection duties - or sold at some point. It does fit nicely in boot under-floor storage on top of all the other gubbins.