Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paid a professional to fix my kerbed alloys. £78 well spent as it was a perfect colour match.
www.m-techalloyrepairsscotland.co.uk for anyone north of Hadrians Wall.

Annoyingly I was using the reverse camera when parallel parking to ensure I didn't kerb them. I thought that I could see the edge of the pavement and the edge of the car, clearly not.

Before:
20200822_163413.jpg

After:
20200909_104802.jpg

Reactions: H Mak
Annoyingly I was using the reverse camera when parallel parking to ensure I didn't kerb them.

I find that the reversing camera can sometimes lead you into trouble due to the wide angle view. You think you've got another foot to play with and it turns out to be 3 inches! I reverted to using mirrors and haven't looked back ... well, I have looked back but you know what I mean!

today I pressed the service menu to check for update (currently 32.5). No further updates were available.

life just doesn't get more invigorating than this ......

currently looking into USB-C powered MiFi devices to give the car its own "wifi" and stop it burdening our home 4G broadband. Have got a spare Voda sim that I don't use for voice anymore but had the number for 20+ years and cheap unlimited 4G data so don't want to lose it.

Annoyingly I was using the reverse camera when parallel parking to ensure I didn't kerb them. I thought that I could see the edge of the pavement and the edge of the car, clearly not.
Got the same T-shirt. Is it just me, or do others find the reversing camera lines not very good in comparison with other cars they’ve owned?

today I pressed the service menu to check for update (currently 32.5). No further updates were available.

life just doesn't get more invigorating than this ......

currently looking into USB-C powered MiFi devices to give the car its own "wifi" and stop it burdening our home 4G broadband. Have got a spare Voda sim that I don't use for voice anymore but had the number for 20+ years and cheap unlimited 4G data so don't want to lose it.
Not sure how much mifi devices are but think they could be more expensive than a cheap android handset that supports wireless hotspot?

The advantage of using a mobile is that it should be able to power itself on its battery whilst the car is off, plus you have a backup for making calls or texts.

I got caught speeding. :eek: There were about 10 cops and 3 or 4 police vehicles. They wont make much profit from my ticket!
I did give myself up peacefully as you do, didn't want to embarrass their vehicles! ;). Meanwhile whilst I got my ticket from what looked like a 12 year old female constable, cars were still hurtling past and the other cops were standing around and having a laugh by the looks of things. I have had a clean license for about 20 years up until then - but at least I had a smile on my face this time. :)
In reality I got done for speeding in a 30 zone and was pulled into a carpark that was obviously being used to train Surrey Constabulary's new recruits - just my luck!
Needless to say - I've belatedly switched on the warning speed limit warning "bong". For how long that I can tolerate it is anybody's guess. I turned it on when I first got the car but the novelty soon wore off. I wish I could configure it to suit me to just one bong when you hit the speed limit and a much lower volume. Maybe the screen should go red too! :cool:

I got caught speeding. :eek: There were about 10 cops and 3 or 4 police vehicles. They wont make much profit from my ticket!
I did give myself up peacefully as you do, didn't want to embarrass their vehicles! ;). Meanwhile whilst I got my ticket from what looked like a 12 year old female constable, cars were still hurtling past and the other cops were standing around and having a laugh by the looks of things. I have had a clean license for about 20 years up until then - but at least I had a smile on my face this time. :)
In reality I got done for speeding in a 30 zone and was pulled into a carpark that was obviously being used to train Surrey Constabulary's new recruits - just my luck!
Needless to say - I've belatedly switched on the warning speed limit warning "bong". For how long that I can tolerate it is anybody's guess. I turned it on when I first got the car but the novelty soon wore off. I wish I could configure it to suit me to just one bong when you hit the speed limit and a much lower volume. Maybe the screen should go red too! :cool:
Oh no! Hopefully you'll be offered the speed awareness course or whatever they call it. Would have loved that option when I got my points but sadly it's not offered in Scotland.

Reactions: Keeper
well @Medved_77 just tested Punkt mobile with spare 4G sim and bingo it gets better signal than back to my home wifi and netflix streams instantly ! Cheers ! :)

Instead of spending £££ on a Mifi device I can now use the Punkt properly and spend £ on a new charging cable plus USB-C hub. £50 instead of about £300. lovely.

still no software updates available though ....

Reactions: Medved_77
I find that the reversing camera can sometimes lead you into trouble due to the wide angle view. You think you've got another foot to play with and it turns out to be 3 inches! I reverted to using mirrors and haven't looked back ... well, I have looked back but you know what I mean!

Matches my experience exactly. One feature I really like with the Tesla is the dipping wing mirrors. Makes reversing into a tight space, especially if you have to follow a curve, much easier. I find I only use the rear view cameras for the last few feet, once the car is lined up, just to judge the distance from the back of the car.

added USB-C hub to front USB port, providing USB-C power delivery to factory wireless charger and giving me 2x USB A, then additional USB > USB-C cable to charge my portable hotspot (Punkt MP02 phone). Note: the phone doesn't like higher-power USB-C delivery hence why I had to go C > A > C.

USB-C hub

USB A > C cable

All works as intended, plus now have a spare USB-A for older device power if needed, as factory USB-A is taken up with SD Card adaptor.

Tomorrow's job is fit screen protector, then next week door cards all coming off to noise insulate and rear shelf covering coming off to noise-insulate and get access to rear C-pillar trim and remove annoying rattle.

Reactions: Medved_77