Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The oil is only on the sidewalls & so little has been used, especially relative to the tyre width that I can't see how this could spread & then remain on the tread after even a short drive.

At 63 I'm also a very careful wet weather driver (grandfather... not grand prix), I also don't plan on doing this through the winter as the car is likely to be grubby soon after every wash.

The oil is only on the sidewalls & so little has been used, especially relative to the tyre width that I can't see how this could spread & then remain on the tread after even a short drive.

At 63 I'm also a very careful wet weather driver (grandfather... not grand prix), I also don't plan on doing this through the winter as the car is likely to be grubby soon after every wash.

If you have some 303 "Aerospace" Protectant (ideal for the seats) it is non-slippery and also works on tyre walls or any other plastic/rubber surfaces e.g. charger cables, wiper blades. It leaves a the surface dark and less shiny (a good thing) and provides UV protection (another good thing).

4,200m wash, wax, polish, Rain-X on glass & silicone oil on tyre sidewalls to bring everything back 'as new'

LAV7vPV.jpg

9iuTxhH.jpg

6rf4z3g.jpg
Looks fabulous. The tyres in particular!

Fitted a CTEK comfort connector with SoC indicator to the 12v battery today so I can keep an eye on battery health as autumn approaches rapidly. Will power the car off and try a test charge in a few weeks on the small CTEK charger I use for my machinery - both of which have very similar size AGM batteries.

Lots of very interesting stuff to look at in more detail with the access panel and air con intake taken off.

The 12v battery terminals had absolutely no protection grease so put some silicon stuff on there and wiped off the excess - they shouldn’t corrode now.

Looks great! What seat covers have you gone with -- from that photo they are imperceptible to me?!
Thanks. They are the Taptes Nappa covers and I was pleasantly surprised by their quality and fit. I only went with the front covers as I don’t often have a car full. You probably can’t see clearly from my photo, but the outer part is similar to the design of the actual seats, however the centre panels are perforated - I guess to help with the seat heating - but to my eye this isn’t a problem. The installation instructions are hopeless, but YouTube came to the rescue! You also get a cover for the centre armrest/cubbyhole lid, but the fit of this is a bit naff!

Just fitted the Alcantara Dashboard & Console Side Trim Kit which I purchased from @DAJ Automotive.

Tesla Model 3 Alcantara Dashboard & Console Side Trim Kit

Communication from the seller was excellent and the quality of the product is incredible. Extremely well packaged. Took about 20 minutes to install.

The centre console shell is via LuckEasy on AliExpress. Strangely is looks rather pink in the images but in real life it's a close if not identical match.

20200925_135150.jpg

20200925_135133.jpg

20200925_134115.jpg

Some bonus pics of parts and installation:

20200925_102436.jpg

20200925_102501.jpg

20200925_133359.jpg

20200925_134743.jpg

Reactions: WarwickPete