Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed damage on passenger door approximating a "carpark door ding".

Checked sentry and have footage of their license plate, face and them opening their door fully whilst holding their phone, smacking my car, taking a look and then driving off.

Thank you sentry mode! It's a small grace whilst waiting to have another door replaced after it was hit by another driver.

Also very glad to have switched to an SSD which is working so much more reliably for me than the cheap usb drive I used before (I know, I know).

Those look excellent. What I meant in my original post by imperceptible was I thought you had the factory white interior seats -- they look OEM to me (meant as a high compliment).
Thank you! Although I do have the factory white seats - they are just hidden now :).
Mind you, I did find one downside of the seat cover perforations almost as soon as I had fitted them — one of my cats jumped in the car and discovered that the seat made a splendid scratching post!

Reactions: LongRanger
Well, I cleaned the poor dear. Haven’t been able to do it for ages as the north wind puts more snow foam on the kitchen window than it does on the car! Met the guy who details my neighbour’s Aston & Lamborghini. He’s coming back in fortnight to do a proper job on my ceramic

Set up TeslaMate on my new Pi today. I managed to get a case and Pi 3 Model A+ for £25 new from Amazon. Already had a spare SD card and power so much cheaper than a TeslaFi sub. Looks better too.

I’ve also bought and fitted a screen protector, floor mats, matt ABS centre console trim and the official Tesla wheel caps after removing the hubcaps.

well, fitted the frunk struts. LuckEasy ones that were free in the end after being refunded and then they turned up after 100 days.

Utter crap. they are now in the bin and OEM struts refitted.

They do function as "auto-lift", but it's with such force in the latter phase of the motion upwards that they physically rock/bend the hinge assembly as the full kinetic energy of frunk metal hits the top position.

And the fixing clips are also garbage - they ping off as you attempt to remove the items.

Fail.

The only benefit of that 20 mins is that some WD-40 is now on the ball joint end of the fixings.

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish
The only benefit of that 20 mins is that some WD-40 is now on the ball joint end of the fixings.

Perhaps worth noting that WD-40 is not a lubricant, and doesn't have lubricating qualities for more than a few minutes. It's a water dispersant and corrosion inhibitor primarily, with only very limited short term lubricating qualities.

Best bet for lubricating any slowly moving parts that include rubber of plastic components is aerosol motorcycle chain lube, the stuff that's made to be compatible with O seal chains. This comes with a thin nozzle to allow precise positioning and the stuff sprays out as a thin liquid, that penetrates well, then it dries to a viscous grease, that provides very good long term lubrication properties, and won't drip or run if it gets hot. A quick spray of this stuff (shaking the can very well first), followed by a wipe with a bit of kitchen towel, makes a world of difference to hinges, the ball joints on strut ends, door opening restraints, etc. I've even used it to cure a squeak on glove box hinges in the past.

well, fitted the frunk struts. LuckEasy ones that were free in the end after being refunded and then they turned up after 100 days.

Utter crap. they are now in the bin and OEM struts refitted.

They do function as "auto-lift", but it's with such force in the latter phase of the motion upwards that they physically rock/bend the hinge assembly as the full kinetic energy of frunk metal hits the top position.

And the fixing clips are also garbage - they ping off as you attempt to remove the items.

Fail.

Oh great. Thats useful to know as mine haven't arrived yet. Was there no way of adjustment?

Noticed damage on passenger door approximating a "carpark door ding".

Checked sentry and have footage of their license plate, face and them opening their door fully whilst holding their phone, smacking my car, taking a look and then driving off.

Thank you sentry mode! It's a small grace whilst waiting to have another door replaced after it was hit by another driver.

Also very glad to have switched to an SSD which is working so much more reliably for me than the cheap usb drive I used before (I know, I know).

so what’s the recommended way to proceed in such a situation. How do you go about claiming cost of repair from the offender?

so what’s the recommended way to proceed in such a situation. How do you go about claiming cost of repair from the offender?
I phoned the police first, but as it was in a shop carpark they said to just phone insurers. Insurance put it other party and they accepted full liability within a week, didn't even ask for my beautifully curated video evidence!