Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi reported 4.38kWh loss although quite possibly just a stab in the dark determination as we know it varies such as below. I don't often run sentry 24/7 and this just reiterates why.

When on holiday in September the car was parked at home and plugged in, every night for 14 nights it topped up with 4.6kw due to sentry so your figures appear to be in the correct ball park

I phoned the police first, but as it was in a shop carpark they said to just phone insurers. Insurance put it other party and they accepted full liability within a week, didn't even ask for my beautifully curated video evidence!

out of interest what route did you take to get it fixed? Was it mobile-repairable or did it go into a bodyshop? And approx how much?

out of interest what route did you take to get it fixed? Was it mobile-repairable or did it go into a bodyshop? And approx how much?
It's all on the insurance - it went on a flatbed to the closest repair shop, 70 miles away, and a courtesy model 3 provided. They will be giving the door a fresh ceramic coating too. Not the cheapest "ding" repair ever I'm sure!

• Helpful
Reactions: -monky-
Just wondering if any of you would be kind enough to let me know of an accident cheat sheet - I've been driving for 4 months on my Miata and now swapping to a Model 3 later this month. Never been in a crash so new to the whole process and would love any insight especially with Tesla. I'd put the cheat sheet in the car should anything happen!

Just wondering if any of you would be kind enough to let me know of an accident cheat sheet - I've been driving for 4 months on my Miata and now swapping to a Model 3 later this month. Never been in a crash so new to the whole process and would love any insight especially with Tesla. I'd put the cheat sheet in the car should anything happen!

Do people in this country refer to having a Miata? I thought that was the American equivalent of the Mazda MX-5. Cheat sheet ... wow, that's being prepared! Do you mean what you would do in any crash or do you believe there are actions that you are required to take mechanically that are different?

8A20FEC5-9B5B-496A-B6E6-E807C34816CD.jpeg
White leather on console

Reactions: Durzel
Cleaned it then realised there were huge suction cup marks on the windscreen from have the windshield replaced yesterday.

Ran out of light so a job for tomorrow, weather permitting.

Also need to consider replacing the ceramic coating on the windshield at some point.

Gave her another clean while the weather was mild yesterday. Thought I'd finally get to DIY ceramic coat it with these
Snapchat-80807566.jpg

But I only managed to get the first CSL coat and the glass done before it got dark.
2 coats of Exo left but weather doesn't look like it's on my side. I did just book a mobile visit for the rear light

IMG_20201107_173313.jpg

Almost knocked a man down!

Was dark, raining heavily and there was a man walking along an unlit 40mph road, away from the direction of traffic, wearing all black.

The car saw him before I did, I have 20/20 vision, the cars camera's (and the man) won.

Mightily impressive.

Almost knocked a man down!

Was dark, raining heavily and there was a man walking along an unlit 40mph road, away from the direction of traffic, wearing all black.

The car saw him before I did, I have 20/20 vision, the cars camera's (and the man) won.

Mightily impressive.

A good outcome for all. Did the car brake?

Not good of them to be walking in the camouflage of darkness.

I collected the car on Thursday, so did the Post Delivery Inspection, valet, and fitted splash guards. Snow foamed with Autoglym Polar Blast, then Autoglym Magma to remove iron, washed with Autoglym UHD shampoo, and sealed with Autoglym Polar Seal. Have you noticed I like Autoglym?

Car is near perfect, except both front door cards obviously had transport protection on them, and when this has been removed, it’s damaged the finish. So I raised a service request to get them replaced by mobile service in Jan.

Just got to finish cleaning the glass. Was too damp today to get a good clean finish.

58365C2F-D071-4E55-825B-67EB97CD7F3A.jpeg

90547712-A178-4213-B971-9BE06CBDF535.jpeg