Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Todays job was fitting a new Kitchen mixer tap but I’d foolishly left it in the frunk so the first hour was spent trying to unfreeze the damn bonnet to open it.

it clicked open (about 1”) as usual but even though I could hear a relay working, the metal catch was not releasing. Directing heat from a hairdryer through the small gap for 20 minutes didn’t dislodge it either (other than melting a steady stream of ice so I then managed to drop the dryer on the tarmac which broke the housing doh).

By the time I’d mixed some epoxy glue, taped up the damage and found & watched a YouTube video of the Model 3 frunk mechanism I did eventually manage to release the catch & retrieve the tap. I won’t be putting anything else of importance in the front again this winter.

I love the Model 3 but it often reminds me that at only four years old these cars are just like small children - very lively & fun to be with but suddenly & without reason unresponsive, disobedient & wilfully erratic. Learning all the time but with brains that still have a long way to go.

My wife bought a new kitchen mixer tap one time. It wouldn't fit, so new sink, followed by new worktop, followed by all the other worktops."The rest of the kitchen looks old now". New oven, hob, extractor hood. New cupboard fronts and drawer unit.

That damn tap ended up costing me £750!

• Funny
Reactions: exlatccatsa
That damn tap ended up costing me £750!

When I designed and built our house, as my wife hadn't really done much of the design and specification work, I just told her she could have whatever she wanted in the kitchen, gave her a copy of the kitchen floor plan and let her go and choose the units, work surfaces, appliances, tap, sinks etc.

The tap alone cost ~£800, and the work surfaces around £7,500. I can't remember how much the bill was for everything in the kitchen, but do know that it was far and away the most expensive room in the whole house, somewhere around £25k to £30k I think.

When I designed and built our house, as my wife hadn't really done much of the design and specification work, I just told her she could have whatever she wanted in the kitchen, gave her a copy of the kitchen floor plan and let her go and choose the units, work surfaces, appliances, tap, sinks etc.

The tap alone cost ~£800, and the work surfaces around £7,500. I can't remember how much the bill was for everything in the kitchen, but do know that it was far and away the most expensive room in the whole house, somewhere around £25k to £30k I think.
Oh why did you have to say that? I've just told my wife that she can decide what goes in our new kitchen extension!!

• Funny
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Very exciting! When do you collect your new steed? Went full fat this time :)

I think it will be May:( Been looking to lease through my company for a while but it’s a new venture so had to wait for first year accounts to be filed to get a credit rating, ran the numbers through the man maths calculation engine and would you believe it tilted in favour of P.... I know, unbelievable right ;)

• Love
Reactions: Gatsojon
Added some solar powered LEDs with movement sensors to the front of the house so that I can see the charge port better at night.

SmartSelect_20210117-121048_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Finally installed my new custom matte carbon steering wheel. Super happy with the quality! Thicker grip is also great for sportive driving and although I was torn between smooth and perforated leather I am happy that I got the perforated leather option.

Today I'll be installing Bonoss (formerly Bloxsport) wheel spacers for a flush finish with the 18 winter wheels.

And yes, I know this is the UK sub forum, but please don't leave me in the empty ghost sub that is Switzerland with the Franchies and Germans.

IMG_0576.JPG

Finally installed my new custom matte carbon steering wheel. Super happy with the quality! Thicker grip is also great for sportive driving and although I was torn between smooth and perforated leather I am happy that I got the perforated leather option.

Today I'll be installing Bonoss (formerly Bloxsport) wheel spacers for a flush finish with the 18 winter wheels.

And yes, I know this is the UK sub forum, but please don't leave me in the empty ghost sub that is Switzerland with the Franchies and Germans.

View attachment 632219

Care to share some detail on the binnacle display, or if you have done already a link to the thread/post?

View attachment 632219
That is a fabulous wheel. You have gone full fat carbon in there. Excellent.

• Funny
Reactions: webbah and Adopado