Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The newer 145e has better tolerance to ANPR recognition (ie reduces the chance of mis reading the plate) and are more robust so should last longer - having been required to replace a couple in the past due to them prematurely deteriorating and being picked up in an MOT, a longer life plate is worth the little extra hassle of obtaining ones that meet more robust standards.
Your post triggered my curiosity and I went out to check mine, and I have the 145e. I purchased it from proplates, but no green flash option though.

I've had several plates, and not had any deteriorate over the decades or be flagged up as failing. I have to admit I have recently started to buy new plates whenever I change my car.
Are you purchasing from reputable companies?

Attachments

• IMG_20210311_183217.jpg
    IMG_20210311_183217.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 65
Over the weekend I installed rear footwell lights. Took it apart to keep wiring uniform (with the rest of the wiring) and covered the wire in oem cloth tape instead of just tucking it in and having a random wire there.

Originally purchased 12v light bars, but they were too big to stick onto the plastic at the front of the seat. I ended up making my own by trimming the case down and replaced the inerds with spare led strips. I found it had better results being held up by the seat cover hooks, rather than the plastic at the front. They can't be seen and dim when driving. They also match the led pocket lights I installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_183250.jpg
    IMG_20210313_183250.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 47
Picked up my M3 yesterday. Full marks to the Birmingham staff, who coped well despite being rushed off their feet. Only glitch was wrong reg num for my car, so had to wait for the insurance to get sorted.
Still getting used to the differentrent noises compared to my old Model S. And I keep grabbing for the door handle to get out! Started adding my bits; will do a full detail when the weather improves.
whitehandles.JPG

I prefer the white handles; they relieve the soot and whitewash look.
teslacase.JPG

The Tesla luggage fitted beneath the Model S's floor. No chance in the Model 3!
interior.JPG

The rubber mats quieten the cabin down a bit. Pedals were finnicky to fit, but worth it, and the matte screen protector still allows map detail to show through.
Only glitch so far has been a ''...cameras blocked or blinded' whilst driving on an unlit road last night. Seems a common problem - is there a fix?

Reactions: Gatsojon and Jez_GB
Had a busy day today. Finally installed all the bits and bobs that I had ready to put on my car. Changed the frunk struts so it self opens. Changed all the puddle lights to "T" ones, changed the ambient lights to red and added back seat ones.

Took a lot longer than planned (but everything I ever do always seems to go wrong) but very happy with how it came out!

Attachments

• 20210318_200513.jpg
    20210318_200513.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Jez_GB and Irata
Had a busy day today. Finally installed all the bits and bobs that I had ready to put on my car. Changed the frunk struts so it self opens. Changed all the puddle lights to "T" ones, changed the ambient lights to red and added back seat ones.

Took a lot longer than planned (but everything I ever do always seems to go wrong) but very happy with how it came out!
Which frunk struts did you go with?

The frunk struts I got were from Luckeasy, which have been pretty good. Not overly powerful to make it come off its hinges when you open it, but enough to self-open and isn't difficult to close either - although I did also change the front spring to make it close easier :)

Reactions: Medved_77
Which frunk struts did you go with?
Ended up going with Abstract Ocean - very pricey but their customer service has been top notch so I didn't want to take a chance on unknown ones.

Fitting was actually the easiest thing I've done today. Literally clip on and clip off.

My only issue...occasionally when the frunk unlocks it won't lift straight away, and once it didn't lift at all until I gave it a nudge.

I'm assuming its because its cold outside. But 90% of the time it opens as expected. Will see what happens over next couple weeks and go from there.

Are the rear ambient lights from AO?