Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooh err! It actually works then!
The satellites seem to be south of Scotland but I can see they've opened a downlink station on the Isle of Man so I guess maybe it will work up there but searching to the south rather than north.

This map shows current coverage (which when you zoom in reveals how light it is at the moment) as well as some of the 'trains' waiting to be placed into higher orbit.

Starlink Satellites

Hopefully not thread drift 'coz I'm sitting in my model 3 outside the supermarket. :D

Reactions: Adopado
Played hide and seek

1633894921901.png

I'm quite new to this forum and have only just found this thread, I can tell already its going to be a favourite of mine as I do like to tinker with things 😅

I've ordered an M3LR, white on white with 19" wheels. I've had a skim through and I'm pleased to see SSDD bits seem well thought of as I've got a few items to fit when it arrives.

matt carbon front splitter
matt carbon skirts
matt carbon OEM style spoiler
matt carbon mirror covers
matt carbon camera covers
Official Tesla matt carbon wheel centre caps
Official Tesla illuminated sill covers
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs

I've got it pencilled in for ceramic coating too, I honestly can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it 😂 I think the last time I was this excited I was waiting for my new 'best' bicycle to arrive and I had a pile of carbon parts building up for that too 😂

Anyway, looking forward to pinching many more ideas from you all - thanks in advance 😊

Reactions: s88ats
I'm quite new to this forum and have only just found this thread, I can tell already its going to be a favourite of mine as I do like to tinker with things 😅

I've ordered an M3LR, white on white with 19" wheels. I've had a skim through and I'm pleased to see SSDD bits seem well thought of as I've got a few items to fit when it arrives.

matt carbon front splitter
matt carbon skirts
matt carbon OEM style spoiler
matt carbon mirror covers
matt carbon camera covers
Official Tesla matt carbon wheel centre caps
Official Tesla illuminated sill covers
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs

I've got it pencilled in for ceramic coating too, I honestly can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it 😂 I think the last time I was this excited I was waiting for my new 'best' bicycle to arrive and I had a pile of carbon parts building up for that too 😂

Anyway, looking forward to pinching many more ideas from you all - thanks in advance 😊
You’ll need decent rubber floor mats for grubby little feet too. ;)
good luck with it!

I finished up my holiday in North Wales by dropping into DAJ Automotive to have my pretend wood replaced by Alcantara.

I wasn’t keen in the pretend wood in my first 3 - my new MIC was just too much with the door pieces too.

Great service and chat with the team there. Proper Tesla enthusiasts. 👍🏻

View attachment 696079
I wish you hadn't posted that.
I'm going to have to get it done.
Such a massive improvement....
It looks far more expensive...

Installed a next base dashcam and a Cellink yesterday (i hope it still counts).

Fitting the Cellink under the center console was a 'tight' fit but with a bit of persuasion, it fitted in the gap like a glove! I still velcroed it down even though I didn't need to. Running the dashcam wiring was fairly simple too. I love how in the model 3 it's simple to open up the panels and run the wires with the cars existing wiring - looks OEM and makes it easier to avoid the airbags. Hardwired the cellink to my relay I installed for my ambient lights. It behaves as it should; charges, falls asleep, and has no drain/ errors for the 12 v battery (YET).

I finished up my holiday in North Wales by dropping into DAJ Automotive to have my pretend wood replaced by Alcantara.

I wasn’t keen in the pretend wood in my first 3 - my new MIC was just too much with the door pieces too.

Great service and chat with the team there. Proper Tesla enthusiasts. 👍🏻

View attachment 696079
Do you mind telling us the cost of this 3 piece conversion, and is it a while you wait service or even an exchange service?

It’s £340 for MIC - as per their website : Tesla Model 3

I went to them as I wasn’t so far away whilst on holiday and R Symons, who offered the same service, had none in stock at the time. I was there for about 30mins but we chatted for most of that time - the job could be done in 10mins, I’d guess.

I recall they also ran a service where they came to you or shipped them to you (if you are feeling brave) and you ship them your original parts which they re-trim and use for their next client….

I wouldn’t do it if I was leasing.

£340, wow, easy money for them, especially if you give them the your trims to swap.

...off to see how much a roll of alcantara costs
I’m sure you could do it much cheaper as a DIY solution but I wanted a professional job - and that’s not going to happen if I tried.

In my first M3 I put on the vinyl to cover the centre console and was surprised how well I managed to do that. But, it wasn’t perfect and it always bugged me - not a good look in a £50k car) 😀.

If you do a good job then maybe it can be a side hustle for you. Good luck.

Do you mind telling us the cost of this 3 piece conversion, and is it a while you wait service or even an exchange service?
Thanks, sounds like a lot of money for 3 strips of alcantara, does it really cost that much for materials plus fitting the alcantara plus labour plus profit?
Not wishing to be critical as it may be the pictures on their website but the finished job does not look to be the same material in colour or appearance to the material on the doors.
Are you happy that it looks identical?

Sorry, last post by me was meant to be to @Doudeau
No, I wouldn’t say it’s a 100% match but maybe 95%. When I compare to the charging pad it seems like it’s slightly fluffier than that. I’d say it’s a very good colour and texture match (and not just because of the money I’ve spent 😀) but I suppose there is no reason why it couldn't have been perfect.

I’d previously contemplated black/carbon type vinyls or covers and from my POV that would have been far more jarring.

No, I wouldn’t say it’s a 100% match but maybe 95%. When I compare to the charging pad it seems like it’s slightly fluffier than that. I’d say it’s a very good colour and texture match (and not just because of the money I’ve spent 😀) but I suppose there is no reason why it couldn't have been perfect.

I’d previously contemplated black/carbon type vinyls or covers and from my POV that would have been far more jarring.
Thanks Doudeau