Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Did You Do With Your 20” Uberturbines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat, and considering selling mine too when I get my Performance somewhere in Oct/Nov.

I assume folks just sell the rims after they swap the tires to whatever new set they bought? Or are sets with tires usually what ends up behind sold? I don't particularly care for the summer-only tires I'll get.

But can you break even selling rims + tires if you have to buy new $1600 tires too?
Depends on which aftermarket wheels you go with...On Ebay, the Ubers in new condition are going for around $3000 (minus fees). If you go 19" flow forged you should be able to get a full set, with tires, since the wheels and tires are cheaper in the smaller size. If you want 20s it would be harder. If you aren't loving the summer rubber, you could swap out the tires for A/S, but you would have to put more money into the deal since used tires have poor resale value (usually 50-60% of their retail value)

Reactions: StephanB
I'm in the same boat, and considering selling mine too when I get my Performance somewhere in Oct/Nov.

I assume folks just sell the rims after they swap the tires to whatever new set they bought? Or are sets with tires usually what ends up behind sold? I don't particularly care for the summer-only tires I'll get.

But can you break even selling rims + tires if you have to buy new $1600 tires too?
I bought a winter wheel/tire set up including TPMS, mounted, balanced, ready to put on for $2,700 from Element Wheels. Tires are Conti extreme contact and the rims are from Curva Concepts.
PXL_20211113_160949671.jpg
PXL_20211113_160949671.jpg