TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What did you drive before your Tesla?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by allanhof, May 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. allanhof

allanhof Member

Trading in my BMW 335xi coupe MSport.....

2. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

Funny, exactly the same for me!

I miss the red seats... but nothing else ! :)

DSC00561pp.JPG

3. allanhof

allanhof Member

No kidding! Mine is titanium silver on black. Still driving mine until delivery. Live the car but cannot wait for the 85D

4. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

I won't lie to you, the wait until late-June will be terrible! But its well worth it. I did the switch in November 2013 and will never buy a gas car again. Maybe you are wondering if you'll miss the exhaust rumble, manual transmission (maybe you had AT)...? I can tell you, you won't. Just silence & much better acceleration. Transmission and gear changes are so vintage.

5. Father Bill

Father Bill Member

I just traded in a Ford Focus Electric, a good car but far too limited in range. I am looking forward to SC road tripping in the near future.

6. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

2013 Chevy Volt. Enjoyed driving it for 3 years. Just picked up my 85D today. Going to really enjoy driving going forward.

7. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

2005 Nissan Altima.
    I never bought a really expensive car until the Tesla. I was looking for a 100% electric car with a lot of range, and the Tesla showed up just as my Altima was dying.

8. ww73

ww73 Member

2012 Leaf for us. Lease expired and didn't want to wait further for the X...

9. wayner

wayner Active Member

Lexus GS 350 for two years and before that a Lexus IS 350.

10. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

BMW E39 M5... I still drive it from time to time, and even with the model s, it's still a kick ass fun car to drive. I definitely would miss it if it were gone.

I also sold a 2010 BMW Z4 when I got the model s, and that too was a fun little car... I miss it a little bit.

11. Asif

Asif Member

VW Touareg (V8). Don't miss the $150 weekly fill-ups!

12. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

13. JimmyAZ

JimmyAZ Member

I sold a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster for my S 85. The Aston is a great car, but honestly, I got bored with it. Expensive to maintain, horrible resale (if you drive it and put miles on it like I was doing), and the tech is SO old. But she was a beauty. At least we still have the 911!
    Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 7.52.23 AM.jpg

14. allanhof

allanhof Member

Yes I have a 6 speed manual and have had 3 BMW's all with manual since I enjoyed the sheer pleasure of driving .

- - - Updated - - -

beautiful cars indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

Im looking forward to bypassing the gas station and the minimal maintenance for sure

- - - Updated - - -

15. cwave1

cwave1 Member

2010 Subaru STI upgraded to 350HP. I wanted to keep it but with a 17 year old boy in the family, it was too much car to keep.

20131103_162912.jpg

16. Sgutz

Sgutz Member

#16 Sgutz, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    photo 11.JPG My "old" ride. A 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo VIN 434

photo 4.JPG

17. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I sold my 1998 Nissan Altima when I got my Tesla. I was never interested in luxury cars and wouldn't have spent more than 45k on anything else.....probably something used for under 30k. Not a second of buyer's remorse in 13 months with my S85. I wanted an EV and since it's my only vehicle I need the range to get to Edmonton a couple times a year from Vancouver.

18. PoweredByRain

PoweredByRain Member

2011 Nissan LEAF. With a whopping 16A charger, and no CHAdeMO port. Still, it was bliss to have something electric.

19. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Tesla Roadster.

Well okay, the Model S replaced an Infiniti G37xS. I still have the Roadster.

20. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

Mercedes S class, still have The Beast, Maz QP, and a ratty Lexus RX. Still love the joyful noise of the QP, sorry.