Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you drive before your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BMW 335d. I snagged it in 2010 while waiting for the Model S. I figured it would give to closest driving experience to driving a Model S at that time since it had 425 ft lbs of torque and was more efficient than your average ICE. I miss it a little bit as it was a smaller car and was a little more toss-able on twisty roads.

i considered this car in my search . Awesome performance and the PDK is marvellous

- - - Updated - - -

It's interesting to hear how many folks were compelled to spend 2-3x what they normally do on a car.

The Macan is a fine car if you like spending money on gas (it uses a lot). But as it turned out I didn't actually want to drive an SUV. Mine, being such a low vin, also had a few interesting nagging issues. In the end I bought the Tesla because they got me about what I paid for it on a trade.

Believe it our not I was driving a 2010 Hyundai manual Accent with Windows you rolled down by hand. Bought it for 9995.00 brand new. Made no sense for me to buy a more expensive car to go back and forth to work 3 km away (and before I got plantar fasciitis in both feet I usually walked). Bet that has to be the biggest step up in Tesla history, lol.