Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you name your model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is - temporarily - X Audie Orationem Meam

However, as I realized and as my dear wife instantly cringed, that suggests some very unsettling egotistical tendencies, in that the Model S always has been Audiemobile

So....it's probably going to have to be changed to something like Bert or Sylvester or Polly.

Besides....who properly understands the reference...other than me?

I realize the thread is not necessarily talking about personalized plates, but I will be getting a custom plate and want it to reflect any informal name for the car.

So, I was considering looking for some references to blue falcons to name my upcoming blue X and I googled it, and well now, I need a new concept... :(

Actually, I've been naming my vehicles after dragons or dragon-related names. My 2 motorcycles are named after dragons (notably dragons that have people that ride them) and my current car is named after the place that one of those dragons/rider lives. Unfortunately, while my current car being a mountain-rocky-gray color makes sense to name after a mountain where a dragonrider lives, the blue of the Tesla isn't really a color of mountains. And there aren't a lot of well-known blue dragons out there... :(

Plan A, but it didn't work out, would have been to name it after the little blue pet dragon in the DragonHunters animated series, but the name (Hector) was already taken. It would have been apropos because Hector was the pedaling "motor" of the flying apparatus that they used for transportation, and his ears look like FWDs.

My current best Plan B option is Arith, a blue dragon from Anne McCaffrey's novels who liked to be loaded up with people and supplies. I'll have to reread the novels to reconnect with the name, though (particularly since I have to look up the name again every time I think of it). All of the previous names came to me without having to do any searches or research so it feels a little anti-climactic to have to look up a name.

• Love
Reactions: Cowby
I realize the thread is not necessarily talking about personalized plates, but I will be getting a custom plate and want it to reflect any informal name for the car.

So, I was considering looking for some references to blue falcons to name my upcoming blue X and I googled it, and well now, I need a new concept... :(

Actually, I've been naming my vehicles after dragons or dragon-related names. My 2 motorcycles are named after dragons (notably dragons that have people that ride them) and my current car is named after the place that one of those dragons/rider lives. Unfortunately, while my current car being a mountain-rocky-gray color makes sense to name after a mountain where a dragonrider lives, the blue of the Tesla isn't really a color of mountains. And there aren't a lot of well-known blue dragons out there... :(

Plan A, but it didn't work out, would have been to name it after the little blue pet dragon in the DragonHunters animated series, but the name (Hector) was already taken. It would have been apropos because Hector was the pedaling "motor" of the flying apparatus that they used for transportation, and his ears look like FWDs.

My current best Plan B option is Arith, a blue dragon from Anne McCaffrey's novels who liked to be loaded up with people and supplies. I'll have to reread the novels to reconnect with the name, though (particularly since I have to look up the name again every time I think of it). All of the previous names came to me without having to do any searches or research so it feels a little anti-climactic to have to look up a name.
You could always go with a SeaDragon theme, since the sea is blue, like your X, and it's a more environment theme like EVs.

There was also an obscure 70's super-hero, Blue Falcon, that was spun-off of Scooby-Doo.

You could also name it after the Navy's brave Blue Angels flight squadron, but there is also a secondary sophomore connotation that you may want to avoid.

Good luck in this very important and long-lasting decision.

Mine is - temporarily - X Audie Orationem Meam

However, as I realized and as my dear wife instantly cringed, that suggests some very unsettling egotistical tendencies, in that the Model S always has been Audiemobile

So....it's probably going to have to be changed to something like Bert or Sylvester or Polly.

Besides....who properly understands the reference...other than me?
I like your wife.

There was also an obscure 70's super-hero, Blue Falcon, that was spun-off of Scooby-Doo.

You could also name it after the Navy's brave Blue Angels flight squadron, but there is also a secondary sophomore connotation that you may want to avoid.
Thanks for the sea dragon concept, I'll look into that.

But, related to your comment about the sophomoric connotation of Blue Angels, Blue Falcon has a derogatory meaning for military personnel. Blue Falcon is an anagram slang for bf which is what they call friends who f' over their buddies for personal gain.

Also, another stumbling block for Blue Angels - I have a family connection to the Thunderbirds...

• Funny
Reactions: vandacca
"Kestrel". It's a small falcon.... with falcon wings, of course :cool:
Kestrel.jpg

Reactions: feslatan
"The Tortuga"

I wanted a turtle-related name because my Roadster was anointed 'Baby Turtle' on this forum (after I swore I'd never name a car). Long story, but that's the Roadster name.

After many turtle-related names were suggested to me, The Tortuga stuck. It's just fun to say. The torr-TOOOO-ghaaa. :) And saying 'Let's take The Tortuga' just seems to work.

Reactions: Cowby and ModelX