Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you name your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly enough, we’ve settled on a name but not a spelling. The Irish name Keira means “little dark one” which suits our Midnight Silver Metallic beauty nicely, but the alternate spelling Kiera also happens to be a character in a series of books we adore so that’s a possibility (and in practice it means the same thing with the same Irish roots, just a little less traditional and with some debate about pronunciation.) We’ll formally name her this weekend, one way or another,

She joins our Model S “Zoe” who was named after her ZerO Emissions license plate placeholder.

Now I just need to figure out my latest guitar’s name, which completely eludes me. She has a stunning flamed Koa and maple layered top that demands an appropriate name, and I just can’t figure out what suits her:

SOLO%20EXOTIC%20DRUM%20CITY%201711007%20TILT.png

Reactions: Kira
I gave the name of Blue Lighting to my Blue Metallic Model S

I didn't want to use the same name so I opted to go with BlueFlash until I can come up with something better.

It doesn't make any noise so I couldn't use Blue Thunder, and it's not a Bolt so no Blue Bolt.

Muchacho

It is from a Futurama episode (Neutopia) where they start an airline. They end up crash landing on a planet and having a "battle of the sexes" since the alien on that planet does not understand the concept of gender (they only have one gender - known as "Muchacho").

I don't normally name cars, but my wife asked my three year old daughter what to name the car (which she had no suggestions for), but then asked her if it was a "boy or a girl" and so she said it was "a boy girl" and was very insistent on that. So somehow "Muchacho" popped into my mind and it instantly stuck with the whole family...

(I hope it is not racially insensitive in some way I am unaware of)

Oddly enough, we’ve settled on a name but not a spelling. The Irish name Keira means “little dark one” which suits our Midnight Silver Metallic beauty nicely, but the alternate spelling Kiera also happens to be a character in a series of books we adore so that’s a possibility (and in practice it means the same thing with the same Irish roots, just a little less traditional and with some debate about pronunciation.) We’ll formally name her this weekend, one way or another,

I approve of this name :)

• Funny
Reactions: F_T_K and GeekGirls