Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you name your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'Raptor Blue'
Screenshot_20220804-144720.png

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I’ve never named a car before but just made a late evening decision to go with “Blue Dune.” I read Dune earlier this year and saw the movie and thought of the blue eyes the Fremen have due to the spice melange, so this name came to mind. Then I just read that blue dunes were found on Mars, so that sealed it for me.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I’ve never named a car before but just made a late evening decision to go with “Blue Dune.” I read Dune earlier this year and saw the movie and thought of the blue eyes the Fremen have due to the spice melange, so this name came to mind. Then I just read that blue dunes were found on Mars, so that sealed it for me.
Well, you're gonna be upset. Like most NASA photos of Mars and nebulas, the dunes aren't blue. It's a false color image, with blue indicating a colder temperature, than the surrounding area. All of Mars is reddish to yellowish brown. No other colors, thanks to the iron oxide content contained in the regolith.

Well, you're gonna be upset. Like most NASA photos of Mars and nebulas, the dunes aren't blue. It's a false color image, with blue indicating a colder temperature, than the surrounding area. All of Mars is reddish to yellowish brown. No other colors, thanks to the iron oxide content contained in the regolith.
That is a bit disappointing but I see you are correct and it makes sense why it appears that way In the images. I think I’ll stick with the name though. 😀

Party pooper.